Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Terrible Dodge Service

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 02:26 AM
the Mopar guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Terrible Dodge Service

I work in parts and service at a Five Star Dealership, and I have purchased several chrysler vehicles in the time I have worked there. If anyone has worked in service departments before you know it is one of the most stressful places on earth! every day all I hear is "I HAVE A RATTLE ON THE PASSENGER SIDE OF MY RAM WHEN I AM GOING 36 MPH ON THAT DIRT ROAD DOWN BY THE WAL-MART" OR.. "MY TRUCKS REAR END IS NOISY." Well you know what? all dodge vehicles make odd noises, i don't care if you say "A VEHICLE THAT COSTS 35,000 DOLLARS SHOULDN'T MAKE THAT KIND OF NOISE!" well, i hate to tell you, but all vehicles have problems and noises, I have NEVER seen a perfect vehicle. so just enjoy what you have and if your dash rattles just turn up the radio because the dealer is just going to make it worse...and probably on purpose!

Old 06-23-2004, 04:14 AM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: the Mopar guy

I work in parts and service at a Five Star Dealership, and I have purchased several chrysler vehicles in the time I have worked there. If anyone has worked in service departments before you know it is one of the most stressful places on earth! every day all I hear is "I HAVE A RATTLE ON THE PASSENGER SIDE OF MY RAM WHEN I AM GOING 36 MPH ON THAT DIRT ROAD DOWN BY THE WAL-MART" OR.. "MY TRUCKS REAR END IS NOISY." Well you know what? all dodge vehicles make odd noises, i don't care if you say "A VEHICLE THAT COSTS 35,000 DOLLARS SHOULDN'T MAKE THAT KIND OF NOISE!" well, i hate to tell you, but all vehicles have problems and noises, I have NEVER seen a perfect vehicle. so just enjoy what you have and if your dash rattles just turn up the radio because the dealer is just going to make it worse...and probably on purpose!
LOL, no we would never do anything like that-well to Matrix but he has it coming.

Old 06-23-2004, 06:34 AM
Matrix04
Rookie

lol funny coming from a dodgemech, i have seen their work, its quite impressive! If there wasnt a problem, then why did the service writer say man thats annoying when he got in my car? Funny how they couldnt figure a damn thing out, then i go to a shop by my house and they fixed the rattling exhaust with a couple hangers. Dodgemech is not a name i would brag about to be honest...heres one idea, fix the car the first time, then the customer won't "bother" you (funny that you complain about customer problems, but chose fixing them as a living). If they just fixed it instead of getting their revenge, when i just bought a new car from you, as some service employees might see it, they wouldnt hear another word from me...

Old 06-23-2004, 06:53 AM
Chauncy
Rookie

Matrix you need to grow up man, I'm ashamed to say I am the same age as you

Old 06-23-2004, 07:17 AM
Matrix04
Rookie

chauncy, what does the fact that myself and many others having terrible service have to do with growing up, when someone says they make the problem worse on purpose, your damn right i have a problem with it. Dont get me wrong after having them work out all the kinks i am really happy with my truck, but ive had to stick my foot up their *** for them to do it. Besides the techs, most at dodge are pretty good to deal with. The techs have no drive to fix the vehicles, and it shows when people like these two post on here.

Old 06-23-2004, 11:03 AM
moparturd
Banned

Oh, that was cute. Did they give you your shoe back? You know, the one you planted in someones butt after you found out. Man!

Old 06-23-2004, 11:31 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

It wasn't like they were trying to screw me over PERSONALLY, it's just their service contract doesn't take into account "special requirements" like the need for Mobil 1 in a SRT-4 or probably even a Viper. Owning a "unique car" is great to a point, but when you need to get it serviced and everyone is standing around scratching their heads, then its time to raise some hell....[:@]

...and they're a "Five Star Dealer" as well...

To their credit, they did a decent install job on my BOV....[&:]

Old 06-23-2004, 12:02 PM
B12Teuton
Professional

ORIGINAL: the Mopar guy

I have purchased several chrysler vehicles in the time I have worked there... I have NEVER seen a perfect vehicle.

Hm, that might be the problem.
I know that there are bad apples in every bunch, but the average BMW or Mercedes (even under $35K new) rarely have any such issues. I've also owned more than a few VW's which were all tight and rattle/problem free.
Daimler-Chrysler is headed in the right direction with cars like the new 300. Trucks will be the last to gain any of the refinement though.

Old 06-23-2004, 12:30 PM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: B12Teuton

My dealer is a FIVE STAR ***** Dealer. No complaints. [sm=smiley20.gif]
But there is another dealer that's actually closer to my house that is NOT five star... and it shows.[sm=smiley21.gif]

I've never seen a non five star dealer before. Of course I live in the metro detroit area, so that might be why. So I've always thought the five star thing was just a gimmick. But I understand your frustration guys, I'm on my second dealer to get some minor problems fixed on my new 04. I knew I should have kept my 02, had only one problem with that one. But here is a fine example of my five star dealer at work, when it is wet, or cool out in the morning my driver window makes a noise like a stuck cow. When I question my service advisor why they could not duplicate the problem his response was, Joe I can't change the weather. I could not believe he was that stupid. I mean there isn't a garden hose in the entire dealer? I was too upset to respond, so I just got in the truck and left. The best thing we all can probably do is to call chrysler customer service. Maybe if they get enough complaints they might start cracking down on these service departments.

Old 06-24-2004, 01:05 AM
dodgemech
All Star

Guys, I'm kinda feeling like Popye right now when Bluto gets done whooping him-"Thats all I can stand, and i can't stand no more". I'm gonna try like he!! not to pi$$ off Amanda-Amanda I apologize in advance. Matrix, without even knowing you I know who you are, you are the cocky punk 18-year old who rants in the service drive about how cra%%y the techs are and how much the dealer sucks and you could do better-you can't, otherwise you would. If your muffler shop is so great, let them fix everything, BTW the simple fact that you had your muffler changed voids your exhaust warranty-if your cat goes out thats covered by emissions but if you get exhaust rattle or drone-TOUGH! I see alot of people on this board telling other members how to go in and DEMAND service or to have something fixed-guess what, it ain't happening. All you screaming and yelling does is **** off the service writer who tells the tech what an a$$hole you are so we do the absolute minimum if anything on your car. Try being nice and appreciating the work being done and how trying it may be to fix these cars. Beleive it or not we don't just plug that computer thingy in it tells what to fix. B12, you think Mercedes or BMW are that much better, HAHA. Very close friends of mine work for both and some who work for Infinity and Acura-they complain about the same things we do-the cars are built like junk and we are suppossed to fix them. Its tough to make chiken soup out of chicken ****. Don't get me wrong, overall they are not that bad but compared to how cars COULD be built there is much to be desired. Calling Chrysler does very little to us-there are far bigger fish to fry for corporate to chase every cust complaint. You want to know why we don't spend all day on your car here are some examples-Chrysler pays the dealership 3.5 hours to remove the dash, remove the HVAC housing, replace the evap core and put it all back together after being diagnosed of course o and recharge the A/C. This is on a 1999-2004 Grand Cherokee. Chrysler pays the dealer 18 minutes to set the toe on any of our vehicles, that includes road test time. After we spend an hour to chase that water leak that only happens when the car parked uphill to the right and we replace the weatherstrip we might get paid an hour. You see, your getting upset at the wrong people-Chrysler is paying the bill and they have decided to only pay half, so the customer only gets half a job sometimes. Can you imagine what would happen if you took your car in for a 30K that retails for 600.00 and told them you were only going to pay 300-I wonder how much time they would spend on it. We only get so much time to diagnose this stuff, if it only happens when its raining at night-we are probably not gonna find it all and are only gonna look for a hlf hour or so. If you have legit complaint that is easily duplicated in the driveway to the service writer it will get fixed(hopefully) if not we may not find it and that is not our fault. There is something called "normal driving conditions", if we can't duplicate the complaint within a 5 mile road test we are not required to fix it-thats not a normal condition. The dealer nor is Chrysler responsible for concerns that only happen when going off-road, or only on certain roads, or only when "my wife drives". You laugh-it gets old chasing problems only to find out "you wont find it, it only happens on my ranch" To jrralka-maybe the problem isn't the water but the humdity outside, my guess as what is wrong. We can't reproduce that condition. ALOT of cars have concerns that only happen when the humidity is real high and it gets real cold-when you come in on a bright sunny day how do you expect us to find the problem.
Sorry this went so long, if I were a better "writer" I would have given this it's own topic fo rall to read-go ahaed, get bitter and respond with nasty junk. Ask yourself when was the last you ran into the doctors office after having been there a week before demanding he make you better. Its not as easy as you think-if it were you would just fix it yourself.

I have a few customers that do stuff like bring donuts in the morning and come out and say "hi". Some like to talk to the tech about the problem they are having and say stuff like "Thank you". We go WAY out of our way to make sure everything is perfect for them-wash, vaccum, reste the clock, stupid stuff you don't normally think about. Just think about it next time, you sure wouldn't scream at the chef before he cooked your dinner would you?

Amanda-sorry so long, I actually have more to say but thats enough for now.

Quick Reply: Terrible Dodge Service