Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Terrible Dodge Service

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 07:55 AM
Matrix04
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terrible Dodge Service

Has anyone had trouble dealing with dodge dealers. I have a list of problems on my truck longer than my johnson, and dodge has been terribly stubborn about fixing them. My problem is that they do a half *** job because they wait until the last minute. I dropped my truck over a vacation once, and when i got back they informed me they hadnt looked at it yet. I take my truck to a third party shop, and they diagnose the problems easily, but i feel that i should not be paying because dodge cannot "duplicate" the issue. Recently i have a strong rattle and vibration in the cab at idle; when i bring it in they see the issue clearly, then i call back and they blame it on the aftermarket muffler. It was a good try, but i had already informed them that the problem was lessened by the addition of the muffler. They do not give the effort to look for a solution on oddball problems. Legally i qualify for a buy back and may exploit that option now, but id rather not. I dont need to sue dodge, i just want a correctly functioning truck. Is anyone else having problems with the customer service provided by dodge?

Old 06-22-2004, 08:13 AM
RumbleBeeRam
Professional
Default RE: Terrible Dodge Service

I am waiting to see what happens. My rumble bee stickers are coming off.. .they put the paint protection on before putting on the stickers.. which st. albert dodge says is a big no no. Also. The paint protection package didnt protect sH*t because I already have a pencil eraser sized chip in the hood that I took off with a washgun at the carwash.

-adam

Old 06-22-2004, 11:39 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

Lets just say its a known fact that chrysler has some of the worst service departments, and dealers for that matter around. Great products, just crappy delivery.

Old 06-22-2004, 11:56 AM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your best bet... IMO, get the Zone Rep involved. They don't take **** from dealers from my past experiences. Also, have you gone to the Service Manager or General Manager OR taken the truck to a 'rival' Dodge dealer? They LOVE to hear about other dealers shortcomings and try to best them in every way possible.

~Amanda

Old 06-22-2004, 01:22 PM
BadlilHemi

As you already know im going through a lot of the same issues you are.. I talked to a budd of mine who works for dodge and he told me to keep taking it to different dealers if one cant fix it maybe another can. It sucks to have to be going through all this with a brand new truck.... Hopefully I will get lucky and when they fix the tranny problem maybe my vibration will go away... I have a strong feeling it wont tho. My service manager has been pretty nice so far trying to work my truck in as fast as possible and the free towing is always a plus. If he trys to give my truck back with a fixed tranny yet still vibing i sticking my foot up his A$$. As far as bad service departments I dont think they can be any worse then Ford.. ive owned 2 and both had issues that should have been covered under warranty but nothing would be done. Someone on another forum told me to go up to my service manager and stick a lemon on his desk and just stair at him. lol

Old 06-22-2004, 01:39 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fortunately, I have not had any bad experiences with my service department concerning my last 3 new vehicles. But several years ago was another story when they wanted to charge me for a cable that was already there. You can always report the dealership if you feel you have a valid point, but I wouldn't do it because they said they couldn't work your truck in. That's way to easy for the service department to explain. Good luck.

Old 06-22-2004, 05:26 PM
B12Teuton
Professional

My dealer is a FIVE STAR ***** Dealer. No complaints. [sm=smiley20.gif]
But there is another dealer that's actually closer to my house that is NOT five star... and it shows.[sm=smiley21.gif]

Old 06-22-2004, 07:09 PM
Matrix04
Rookie

man o man im laughing now, i finally just took it to a thrid party muffler shop and they gave me an estimate of two hours, if they fix it i will laugh because dodge cannot do a damn thing about oddball problems, i noticed that they tweaked the hell out of my nice stainless steel tipped tailpipe, i wish there was a way they would have to pay for work i have to have done outside of the dealer

Old 06-22-2004, 08:24 PM
HEMI X
Professional

Very first time I had the oil changed the tech hit the rack with the air dam and the truck was in the body shop for 3 days.

Old 06-22-2004, 08:37 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

My service contract (which I paid extra for) states I have to get the oil in my vehicle changed every 3 months or 3,000 miles BY THE DEALER. Since it's a SRT-4, the owner's manual recommends Mobil 1 synthetic and the service manager told the same thing to my face when I bought the car. The first time I took the car in per their instructions, I caught them trying to put Quaker State dino oil in it. I wrote a nasty letter to the G.M. and got an e-mail back stating they would have to charge me extra for the oil that both the factory and Service Manager recommended....so much for a "service" contract....[:@]

Quick Reply: Terrible Dodge Service