Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Terrible Dodge Service

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 03:07 AM
71GTX
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Terrible Dodge Service

I will chime in on this subject just a bit. After being in business and dealing with the public for a few years now, owning a small company in KS. The customers that treat me with utmost respect and kindness get anything they want. I will go out of my way, or give them discounts just for being a nice person(s). When going to my dealer for help I always try to take a minute to talk to the mechs who are working on my trucks and take interest in their day in hopes they will take the same interest in mine. I do find this makes a huge difference in customer service. These guys grunt around unknown peoples cars all day long. Although they get paid well, it's still a fairly unrewarding job most of the time. A little face to car placement is all it may take to get those little annoying problems solved. When was the last time you told your mech, " your awesome dude, thanks so much"
Eric

Old 06-24-2004, 11:34 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

Dang dodgemech how long was that building up eh? I understand what you are saying, I DO NOT suggest ripping a service writers head off, or being nasty with them. In my case I was very disapointed with the results because I do have a pretty good relationship with my writer. I guess I should say I did as in past tense. I understand your guys frustration with duplication problems, but if I can get it to happen in the drive thru, and you can't back in the stall I have a problem. I remember you and I spoke about my wifes pacifica. We are in buy back precedings as we speak.

But with the pay issue, come on man my wife is a writer for a pontiac/gmc dealer. When was the last time you actually worked all the book hours you got paid for? I'm having a hard time squeezing out a tear for a profession that gets paid 50+ hours a week to work 40. I'm just trying to keep it real. I'm sure you get screwed once in a blue moon, but not often I'm sure. And don't take it as I'm picking on you for what you make, cause I'm one of those slugs that puts those rams and dakotas together. I hear how overpaid I am all the time.

But here is the real problem, most people think chrysler service departments blow chunks. They think that of the dealers as well. There has to be some reason for that, don't you think?

Old 06-24-2004, 12:29 PM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually we get screwed on almost every warranty RO we work on-we rely on the customer pay RO's to balance it out . Any tech who is runing at 100% effency on warranty work is not doing the work they claim to be doing.

Old 06-25-2004, 12:02 AM
tommyg

I've gotta agree with 71GTX.......you get more bees with honey..........

Old 06-25-2004, 12:32 AM
SOPMOD

Mannnnnnnn,

Ok, I'm convinced......I'm keeping my 95 and I'll do the work myself.

Later

Old 06-25-2004, 12:40 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Well, except the bozo's trying to put wrong oil in my SRT-4, I've had nothing but good experiences with my Dodge service folks....but it DOES HELP if you meet them halfway...for example, when I took my SRT-4 in to get the BOV installed, I knew the turbo would be too hot for the mechanic to work on it.....I got to my dealer at 5:00 a.m. (2 hours before they open) and popped the hood up, went down the street, ate breakfast while keeping an eye on my car and went back right before they opened.

I was out the door with the BOV installed by 8:30 a.m.

Old 06-25-2004, 12:44 AM
BigDave
Professional

Dodge is the only brand that has some "problem" dealerships. I have had several problems with my Lincoln Dealer claiming to do service, but not doing it. I caught them several times, and it was obvious. You know: If you rotated the tires then why is my front passenger wheel full of brake dust? Oh wait a minute, you wiped off the front wheel on the driver's side, but you forgot to wipe them off on the passanger side. That's your excuse, you tried to cheat me, but forgot to cover it up on both sides of the car. LOL. Oh, it's my fault you stripped my lugnuts? I only found out they were stripped when three of them were loose on my rear wheel only 20 miles from the dealer after a service visit, and I can't even fit my lug wrench on them? What, you damaged my wheels, when you pried the damaged lugnut covers off with a screw driver. What this is the third time you called me down to the dealer to pick up my car, but it's still not ready? Your next day service turned into 10 days, because the service managers keep over-ruling each other on the proper service for the vehicle. What you fired both of them, now that is finally something you've right. What you billed Ford for warranty work to replace my torn weather stipping that is still on my car? I brought it in to replace the weather stripping, do you think making me wait 3 hours would cause me to forget why I brought the car in? The General manager knows my me well, since it costs him money every time I walk into his office. My last trip earned me a free 60k service ~$450.

Now here's the scary question: How many times do you think they actually changed my oil?

It's been a good car, but my warranty is almost up, so I think it's time to start looking for another brand.

Old 06-25-2004, 05:25 AM
Matrix04
Rookie

dodgemech, place the blame elsewhere, is it the customers fault that chrysler doesnt pay you well? Why should my service suffer because your benefits suck? You assume way too much for an online forum, i have been nothing but polite to the service writers. One writer actually said to me once "Well it sucks that i have to write your service because it goes under anothers name and i dont get paid for it". Was i supposed to wait until the writer came into work 4 hours later, when they scheduled me to drop off my car at that time? As for your claims that my warranty is voided, maybe you should read up a little, because magnaflow exhaust is a legal way to change your exhaust. I dont know where you pulled that from. To be honest it sounds like chrysler has alot deeper issues than customers that "bug" them. And are you honestly telling me i should bring a dodge mechanic donuts so he can work on my truck correctly? Or that i need to kiss his ***? Dont get me wrong, i am very pleasant with them, because they know nothing of the vehicles and issues, but when i bring it in and a tech hears the noise and says that isnt normal, then they return the vehicle and say that they couldnt duplicate it, what am i supposed to think? Dodgemech can you tell me how much training/college you went through to work as a dodge mechanic. By the way thats not meant as an insult, i am just wondering what the qualifications are. O and one more thing, do you really think i cant put a hanger on the muffler? I diagnosed the problem when they couldnt find it, then showed them and they agreed, then had a competant shop do the work. As to my age, i dont see that as an issue, if thats your argument, then i think youve really lost any credability anyways.

Old 06-25-2004, 04:10 PM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No college-hunderds of hours of Chrysler based training and 15 years experience. I'm sure Magnaflow tells you it doesn't void your warranty but ANYTHING you touch becomes void if we determine it had ANYTHING to do with the concern you have. I never said to kiss anyones *** but please and thank you go a long way. Also if I never said anything about the benefits I receive, I said Chrysler is paying the warranty bill and if they say I get 1/2 to do the job then thats what you get, or as close to as possible. If you want me to spend 2 hours on it-pay me the difference and I will gladly do that. If the tech stated he couldn't verify your concern in a reasonable amount of time in HIS opinion(since his is the only one that counts) then he couldn't duplicate it. It's pretty simple-maybe try showing up when it is actually having a problem and road testing with the tech.

Old 06-25-2004, 04:54 PM
Matrix04
Rookie

i already told you that i showed him it, so he knew it was there. I also told him that it had a problem once the car was warm, they had me drop my car at 9am and hadnt touched it when i called back at 430pm, my guess is that they didnt let the car warm up when they called me back a half hour later with their results. It idles alot higher when cold and hence does not have the problem. I highly doubt that they could claim the new muffler voids my warranty since i had already brought it in for the noise with the old muffler. Its pointless to argue on i think, the issue is over, this post has gotten a little out of control. Lets just forget it... ok on your part?

Quick Reply: Terrible Dodge Service