Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Diesel Power Modules

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004 | 07:12 PM
Abattoir
Default Diesel Power Modules

I am interested in the power modules for my 2500 diesel but I was told by a friend that it was maybe a problem for the auto trans. He thought that he had heard the drive train could not take it where the manual trans was ok. As I am not thrilled with voiding my warranty, does anyone out there have any information on this for me?

So far the module sites themselves do not say anything about this.

Thanks

Joe

Old 07-01-2004 | 08:57 PM
rb185afm
Default RE: Diesel Power Modules

This is the place to ask about a diesel.

http://www.turbodieselregister.com/forums/

Old 07-02-2004 | 02:09 PM
KilrB

Dodge has a comparable drive train to any of the other big three if not superior. I am not familiar any more with the generation 3 dodge diesel trucks, but gen 2 used a Dana 80 in the back and a dana 60 up front. If you ever run across a Super duty chevy or a 450 or 550 ford, they dont use there manufactured axles under there like they do for the 3/4 ton and 1 ton trucks. There using dana 80's and 60's just like dodge uses on there 3/4 ton and 1 ton.

Anytime you do a chip mod or engine mod to your truck you’re giving your dealership an reason to deny you warranty service. There are mods for auto trans you can add to beef up the kind of torque a modded Cummins engine can put out, but IMO your trans should be able to handle most moderate engine power increases. It all depends on just how crazy you want to get with power increases. There are guys out there getting over 600HP and 1200lbs of torque. I saw a video once of a guy who took a Cummins 5.9 put twin turbos on it and propane injection and turned out a 120MPH 1/4 run. Only problem was the had put the engine in a ford truck[:'(]

Old 07-03-2004 | 03:10 AM
badblackram

Talk to the guys at www.dieseldynamics.com they are very nice and can be very helpful they are going to make my truck have 500hp for a little less then 5grand.

Old 07-03-2004 | 04:31 AM
edlance

Abottoir,

I replied to this question in the PCM forum...check it out...

Quick Reply: Diesel Power Modules