Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Cold Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 01:34 AM
Racer Rob
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cold Air Intake

ORIGINAL: Mikeg1005

Hey,

On eBay, I don't know if anyone has seen this, but there are some cold air intake kits, new, for around 40 dollars, chrome air box, and tube with a filter, plus all needed to install. Anyone think these things are good?

I figured since they cost about the same as replacing my filter with a K&N one, why not, might as well try, and they will probably bring out some more power.

I posted about this a while back, but now I'm thinking about really buying one.

Mike.
Thats what I bought. Came with a plastic hat. Mounted ok. Filter is cheap though. Looks nice. Guess thats about it.

Old 07-24-2004, 11:12 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So much for brotherly love. Sorry about all that.[sm=smiley13.gif]

The CAI's do work well on different vehicles, but don't provide more than a drop-in filter on others. I'm all about seeing if these companies will back the products they sell with a money back gaurantee. To me, if it shows a gain within a certain percentage of their claims, let's say 70%, it's worth the money.

Point here is that the gains on a Honda (sushi fart) of 10 HP don't convert to a higher or lower gain on an SRT-4. My feeling is they should test every vehicle they have a product for, and/or offer this gaurantee.

Stop ripping us off.

Old 07-24-2004, 11:40 AM
Racer Rob
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I can't complain for $56 shipped to my house with a washable filter. I was bummed to see it had a plastic hat unlike the polished one in the pic, but it was $36, so I am not going to cry a river.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake