Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Nissan Titan

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 04:25 PM
Traction Issuez
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nissan Titan

Not defending the Titan, just stating fact. The reason why that truck makes the power it does is due to the DOHC engine they've got. Think it's like a 5.6L or something. The cams generally help make a smaller motor have the needed torque to compete with a larger motor. However, combining big cubes with that technology honestly makes it a superior motor. Slam it all ya want, but they've got you beat under the hood.
But let's be realistic here, short of the Cummins, has dodge ever been known for fuel economy? I know the 4.7L is definitely a step in the right direction with the modular setup, but Nissan's been making big power from small packages for a long time. Now with the strides Dodge is taking with Daimler, I see big technology moving forward under the hood of these things.
However, who the hell wants to buy an ugly *** Titan when they can pick up a slick 1500? [sm=smiley32.gif]

Old 07-22-2004, 06:28 PM
airbrat
Professional

I agree, although Titan has a better motor I still think it got hit w/ the fugly stick!

Old 07-23-2004, 12:09 AM
prerunner
Captain

Well when it comes to gas mileage...this 4.7 V8 has the same gas mileage as my old 2000 Toyota PreRunner V6. In fact..i think the Ram may be getting slightly higher gas mileage right now.

As for Nissan...the only vehicle they ,ade that i liked was the old Nissan Pulsars. I learned to drive in one of those. Hit a curb..pushed the engine back about 3"...and it still ran. Of coarse, so did i when my Father found out!!!!

Quick Reply: Nissan Titan