Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Who has a cap?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 10:59 PM
trumpetguy27
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has a cap?

My next purchase is going to be a nice cap for my QC. I am not CRAZY about the idea of a cap because MOST of them arent very sporty looking. However I need to have one since I will be putting my very large scale remote control planes in there. Right now I am leaning very heavily towards a Leer 100XQ. Does anybody have another suggestion for a nice looking cap that fits real well? I had a Leer on my Dakota and it looked nice so thats why I am leanin that way right now. ANY comments welcome!

Old 07-19-2004, 11:32 PM
B][GT
Professional
Default RE: Who has a cap?

I dont have one, but ive often thought of getting on. I kinda like the snugtop one, http://www.snugtop.com/p_topgun.htm .

Old 07-20-2004, 01:12 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HAve you ever considered a bed cover like this?http://www.peragon.com/ I love mine. It's more versatile than a cap, and more secure than a soft cover. Good luck.

Old 07-20-2004, 02:31 AM
shakemsam
Amateur

Im guessing a bed cover wont work because he needs the heighth for the planes. I have a Century on my 98. Color matched to the truck(Patriot Blue).

Old 07-20-2004, 03:11 AM
BULLDOG
Rookie

Considering we are in a very similar hobby (RC CARS & HELI's) the only suggestion that I have is; something that you have the ability to open from the side, probably something more utility? Is this a possibility? I know that you loss some esthetic value, but at the same time I would assume much more user friendly.
I currently run with my neighbor that is disabled, we both work out of the trucks, but just to transport, and the theft factor has lead us to build a little trailer. I'm not sure if this is in your budget, but a thought. I just watched that "Top Gun" RC event, and if your into it at all like those guys I'm sure that you need something secure! I noticed some of those HUGE radials (7 cylinder?) and I would assume that takes cubic dollars, and perhaps for just a few more bucks you can get into a trailer, and still have total use of your truck.
When I went to considering the possibilities, it was simple. If I have to move a fridge or similar I have to remove the top, pain in the ***, and they take up a huge amount of room.
I do find that buying your better half mounds of jewelry, helps with the ability to buy toys for yourself.

Old 07-20-2004, 10:30 AM
trumpetguy27

Thanks for the suggestions so far.... I appreciate them. The idea of the hard tonneau would be my first choice as far as looks but I do need more room for my planes. I looked at the Snug Top site... and while I dont think I like the top gun that much the super sport is pretty cool... I will have to consider that one.. except the site shows no dealers near me. As far as a utility I dont think thats what I am after cuz it has to look cool too lol .... and the planes are too big to get at from the sides anyway. The trailer idea is one I have definately thought about but in order to get a nice trailer setup it would be about $4500 at least. Anyway... thanks again... I will post pics whenever i do decide and get somethin! ANY other suggestions are still welcome!

Old 07-20-2004, 11:01 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any of you guys running those ducted-fan engines. I'm not into the hobby, but not to long ago while channel surfing I saw some guys flying f-15 and f-16 RC planes. I couldn't beleive the sound they made. Very cool.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 07-20-2004, 11:48 AM
trumpetguy27

Mopartodd,

I do not own one but have flown 2 of them... they are very cool... just donttake your eyes off them for a second or its GONE. But even cooler than that...they now have come out with actual JET engines for them.. have not seen one in person yet but very cool.

Old 07-20-2004, 12:49 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts

I have a snugtop on my '00 & like the hard shell, but don't like the fit very much. sides stick out a little too much, but it does keep everything out of sight & dry in the rain.

Old 07-21-2004, 09:30 PM
hemiwolf
Rookie

I have an A.R.E. Z-series cap on my 2003 HEMI quad cab short bed. I love it. the overall fit and finish isn't luxury market quality, but then again its a truck cap. Over all it looks great outside and fits well. It doesn't leak and the dog hasn't been able to hurt it any. Plus, the extra weight on the rear wheels makes for more controlled launches.

Just click the link and select your model year and make.
http://www.4are.com/product/z/
Hope this helps...
Hemiwolf