Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Just got rear ended! (*&$#@%(*#@

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 12:36 AM
raidermike67
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got rear ended! (*&$#@%(*#@

Thank GOD it wasn't in my RAM though.

Some guy with NO license NO insurance and an accent as thick as the mayor of Mexico City rear ends me and tries to flee.....caught him, then he tries to offer me cash etc.....Had to call the cops, made a citizens arrest and now I'm on the hook for my deductible. What a bunch of BS. Damage isn't TOO bad, can't get my trunk open but mostly cosmetic....might be able to fix the trunk myself.

Must really suck to be him right now. He had someone on the phone offering me cash. I said no way compadre, I'm calling the sheriff.

Thing that gets me is that I was just heading down the street to get a cup of coffee and forgot that I had to pick up the tire for my bike before 5 PM, so I headed across town to get that and got nailed on the way back home. Ughhhhh.........damn bike shop is closed on Sun/Mon or I would have gotten it then.

I don't harbor any real ill feelings toward the guy, I could tell he was pretty freaked out so I wasn't gonna ad to his stress but good grief, how in the hell did he not see me? I was sitting stopped at a light and he just slams into the back of me, said he didn't see me.

Old 01-31-2007, 05:40 PM
#Red
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Just got rear ended! (*&$#@%(*#@

That just plain sucks! Good thing you caught him. Red

Old 01-31-2007, 07:31 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I was rear ended a few years back, and I actually was glad I was in my truck. There was just a small dent on my bumper (still there today since it is so unnoticable), and the other vehicle (an old Nissan Pathfinder) couldn't even get the hood open it was so bent up. Having a tough truck is a good thing sometimes.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:55 PM
solarwarp
Veteran

In the early 80's, I had an Isuzu I-Mark, it was a diesel. I was rear ended by a 74 Chevy Impala. My car was totaled, the Impala only had a cracked headlight lens.

Go figure, a 3 ton car versus a 1600 pound car.

You can't tell me that a small "crumple zone" engineered car will fair better than a big heavy American car and be safer for the occupants.

Old 02-03-2007, 01:39 AM
raidermike67
Veteran

You can't tell me that a small "crumple zone" engineered car will fair better than a big heavy American car and be safer for the occupants.
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;

True however my Saturn absorbed this collision about as well as could possibly be expected. I absolutely expected my trunk to be bashed in etc....Total damage is about $1500. Saturns are made with plastic side panels, they flex ...they did exactly this in my case, there will be no paint needed for my repair. Had this been a traditional car the rear quarter panel would have buckled, it would have needed not only body work but paint for sure. The driver of the truck that hit me said he was going approx. 35 mph. All things considered, I got pretty damn lucky with just a stiff neck for a few days. Almost pain free now.

Old 02-03-2007, 02:04 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow...you are a better man than I...I would've gone to jail for running after him and beating his ***.

Old 02-03-2007, 10:57 PM
raidermike67
Veteran

Not worth going to jail over. Would end up costing a LOT more then if I just paid for the damages myself.

Old 02-05-2007, 03:42 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, but the sense of satisfaction can't be beat...

Old 02-06-2007, 12:54 PM
BUFF_dragon

all I have to say is I have NO DENTS, and drove away once they unhooked him from me... kid never touched my bumper.... DRIVE DODGE - JUST SAY NO TO CIVICS!!!
Dodge - the REAL anti-rice
http://www.bragnrights.com/gallery2/...eselRam/Wreck/

I'm very glad I was in the truck and not on my bike....

Old 02-08-2007, 02:12 AM
nateblong
Professional

Deport him

Quick Reply: Just got rear ended! (*&$#@%(*#@