Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Cummins Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 01:11 AM
Robster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cummins Diesel

I am going to buy a used four door, 4x4, 2500 with the cummins diesel engine soon. I would like some advice before I purchase one. I was wondering if there are any certain year models that perform better than others. Ihave heard that these trucks gethave good fuel economy. What is the typicalmpg I should expect? eg. city, highway, pulling. I would appreciate the input.

Thanks,
Rob

Old 02-06-2007, 12:49 PM
BUFF_dragon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cummins Diesel

I would suggest getting an 04.5 + that way you get the better engine... the downside to that engine is the fact that if you add some power adders on an auto trans, you will KILL that trans rather easily, but that would occur at the same amounts of power with older engines as well.

I can't tell ya about fuel econ, wish I could, I'm far too modified to help ya on that one
I do know that pulling mileage will vary with weight and with aero of what you're pulling.....

Quick Reply: Cummins Diesel