Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

new mods for my ram

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 11:15 PM
GreekRamenIt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new mods for my ram

I have a 2001 ram sport(red) i am planing on doing engine mods to it but what can i do and in what proccess?

Old 12-22-2003, 11:19 PM
GreekRamenIt

So far what i have done to my ram: tail light covers, head light covers, bug sheild, bed cover, smitty bilt nerf bars blk, ram deacls, K&N filter, (inside) 2 12' sony subs in costom box, 4 red neons, 2 in the front dash and 2 in the back,

Old 12-23-2003, 12:00 AM
dodgefreak
All Star

Ok, if you want power you need to get the motor breathing better!! (man i sound like a broken record on this site LOL )

Any way...the best CAI out there for the 5.9 Ram is the K&N filtercharger system!! Its about 300 bucks but worth it!!

For your exhaust...you do not need to spend the money on a cat back system (unless the extra couple hundred you spend is worth the "yeah man! I havve a such and such CAT BACK!! LOL) Your Ram already has a 2.5 inch exhaust...there is no need to go larger unless you super charge the thing!

Just get a nice high flow muffler, Flowmaster, and magnaflow are two great ones that wont break the bank. Other nice ones are Borla and Gibbson...you can also look into your more traditional ones like Headman, or Hooker.

your next step would be a set of headers! MAKE SURE YOU GET CERAMIC COATED!! New headers mean more heat!! The ceramic coated headers will keep the heat out of the engine bay!

Flowtech is a good lower priced (not cheap) header, Edelbrok is one of the better ones out there for the 5.9 but the 2 BEST are Messa (good luck finding a set) and PPH!!

After that you will need a larger Throtle body! www.thefastman.com is a GREAT place to get this! Its a stock TB thats been ported to 52mm!!

Next you want the Mopar PCM!!

After that its up to you but you will see the best gains from a modified stock intake manafold, and either a set of 1.7 roller rockers or 1.6 roller rockers with a larger cam.

Oh, and dont forget the 180 degree t-stat

Old 12-23-2003, 12:23 AM
fratzke7

Where can you get the mopar pcm and what is the part number I need to know so I can get one or where can I get one??

Old 12-24-2003, 02:25 AM
GreekRamenIt

Thanks dodgefreak, the mods that i have in mind is to do cat back exhaust system (flow masters 40 searies?), full K&amp;N intake system, and comp. chip. </P>

what is a Mopar PCM?</P>

Old 12-24-2003, 12:01 PM
dodgefreak
All Star

Powertrain Control Module. Its the computer for the Ram. Your best bet is to get the Mopar PCM or they Hyperchips scanner....DO NOT get the Jet chips!!!

Old 12-26-2003, 02:25 AM
BottleFedHemi

LOTS OF BOTTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</P>

Old 12-28-2003, 03:02 AM
sgbofav
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have lots of cash handy and do some shopping here: http://www.krcperformance.com</P>

</P>

I built my own intake for $125.00. Here is a picture </P>

Quick Reply: new mods for my ram