Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Audio Guys, I have a question for ya

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 01:21 AM
proxhemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Audio Guys, I have a question for ya

2k4ram is right JL is the way to I current have a pioneer dvd flip up screen and two JL12 inch sub01sand a 900 rockford amplifier (Free) ina custom wood box in the back of a reg cab.. sounds awesome u dont get the fuz that some speakers get i would also recomend goin to a competion and look for a maybe a truck or a car with jL speakers then goto sum other car with another type and u will kno the difference... louder and clearer

DAN

Old 08-18-2004, 02:50 AM
AkDanoM
Rookie

JL fans,

im not doubting the JL audio power.. .but the JL stealth box is only for one 10" sub... passenger side.

I am suggesting the MTX box and put JL or whatever your lil hearts desire in the MTX DUAL 10" sub box...

its got a good look to it and has all of the nessesary ground and audio hook ups

all might JL fans ease up..

Old 08-18-2004, 04:06 PM
DakaDan
Professional

I was going to get the MTX dual box empty and throw in a pair of JL audio's. BUT, after searching around on the web I read mixed reviews in regards to the box. Quality, build was sub-par. Ask any music guru, the structure/intregrity of the box is as important as the quality of the speaker. I stand behind JL 100%. This is my second car with JL audio, I am totally happy with it. I push my system to the extreme daily and it nevers lets up. Like2K4Ram said "you pay for what you get.

DakaDan

Old 08-18-2004, 08:15 PM
airbrat
Professional

What about installing a sub box in the front center of the truck? Would a single 10" sub work?

Old 08-18-2004, 10:02 PM
2K4RAM

PLEASE do yourself a favor and FORGET about the Best Buy/Circuit City MTX "CRAP" brand - it is not worth the money and you will be extremely disappointed as soon as you hear it compared to a high quality system which doesn't cost "that" much more. I have heard the MTX box with 2 JL 10's and the first thing the guy said to me before he let me listen to it was "I'm getting a different box made because this one sucks" - needless to say, he was right. "That's like puting a high preforming F-1 Indy car on a dirt track" "I" could have got more Bass out of one JL 8" sub - no ****!

You can fit a sub in the center starage compartment. However, I have heard a truck with just that sub and it is not even half as loud as the one JL 10 in a JL Stealth box. And, I doubt it would make any "noticable" difference if you had that as a "third" sub in the truck. Save your money until you can do it RIGHT.

Once again, the JL Stealth box has the "perfect" amount of air space and high QUALITY construction to get the MOST clear and precise BASS one can obtain with a single sub set up. On the other had - if you like a LOT of BASS - go with the set up I mentioned above. IT IS WORTH EVERY PENNY........AND THEN SOME!!!

Go find one to listen to. Your local audio shop should be able to contact one of their customers who has this set up so that you can listen to it. That shouldn't be a problem because if you have a serious audio system, you like to show it off!

Let us know what you decide

Old 08-19-2004, 02:35 PM
vlsun
Veteran

i'd like to put in a single 8" subwoofer in a sealed enclosure, but i don't want to sacrifice much room (i actually use my cab space, heh). i suppose i could give up one half or the center storage compartment of the rear seats. what would be the best way to go about this?

Old 08-19-2004, 05:03 PM
2K4RAM

You could do a couple different things. You could put an 8" sub in either of the storage compartment in the back with an amp mounted on the middle flat spot between the two side compartments. OR, due to the fact that you are obviousely not a "Bass Head" (just wanting to go with one 8") and you are going to lose one of your storage compartments either way, I'd just put the JL Stealth box with one JL 10w3v2 10"sub with an amp in the middle if you have the money. This way, you will have nice clean audio which you can keep the Bass to a minimum, and also have the option of cranking the sub up if you want too. - Best of both worlds for you!
Good luck. Let us know what you decide, and how you like it when completed.

Old 08-19-2004, 05:42 PM
B][GT
Professional

If you want a box, for dual 8's, 10's or 12's round,square, or triangle, that take up the full space of the rear storage compartment, made from a fibreglass bottom, mdf top, http://www.stealthboxes.com/picts/linex3logo.jpg . Ya, its lined with linex, no big deal, get some spray contact glue, and carpet it. The mtx box is shallow, 1.5 cf total, to small for the Kickers, which is what i suggest for subs, while the stealthboxes enclosure is a full 1cf a side.

Old 08-19-2004, 06:37 PM
2K4RAM

WHATEVER - do you also shop at Target for your "NICE" clothes?
ORIGINAL: B][GT

If you want a box, for dual 8's, 10's or 12's round,square, or triangle, that take up the full space of the rear storage compartment, made from a fibreglass bottom, mdf top, http://www.stealthboxes.com/picts/linex3logo.jpg . Ya, its lined with linex, no big deal, get some spray contact glue, and carpet it. The mtx box is shallow, 1.5 cf total, to small for the Kickers, which is what i suggest for subs, while the stealthboxes enclosure is a full 1cf a side.

Old 08-20-2004, 12:38 AM
B][GT
Professional

uuhh.. whats that got to do with a sub box?

Quick Reply: Audio Guys, I have a question for ya