Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

New Truck Major Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 07:39 PM
kurts2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Truck Major Problems

quote]ORIGINAL: raidermike67

Yeah, well you can't just return a vehicle because you aren't happy with it. I think Saturn is/was the only company with a 30 dayno questions asked money back policy.
[/quote]
This may be of some help to you. This link goes to the California Lemon Law Statutes. This leagal site offers free case reviews. You may also use the "lemon law threat" to the dealer in an attempt to trade out of the defective truck. Good luck.

http://www.yourlemonlawrights.com/st.../tennessee.htm

Old 02-26-2007, 08:21 PM
kurts2
Record Breaker

Sorry, I replied to your other post before reading the final outcome. I guess the lemon law is out because there is no defect, except for a modification you made to the new truck (which additionally may void any warranty or lemon law claims). Did the truck run poorly (luggish) when you test drove it, or did it only worsen once out of the muffler shop?

ORIGINAL: sharpshooter

A couple of weeks ago I noticed this noise that sounded like a miss a sputter, it almost sounds like a 6 cyl with exhaust. Picture you pulling up to a red light in a stick shift and instead of taking off in 1st you take off in 3rd or 4th, you get that luggish feeling. Well this truck is an automatic and it acts up as soon as you let off the accelerator. It doesnt sputter when taking off but after your going down the road, it doesnt matter what speed. So I take it to a local dealer and they say its not showing up on the computer, I was also having a loud popping sound when shifting from park to reverse (like when you park on a hill and then try to take out of gear) but this happens all the time even on level ground

Old 02-26-2007, 08:21 PM
sharpshooter
Veteran

Unfortunatley they dont have an office here in TN....go figure

Old 02-26-2007, 08:36 PM
kurts2
Record Breaker

Unfortunatley they dont have an office here in TN....go figure
Here are a few others then:

http://www.autolemonlaws.com/tenness...FQh5NAod5heefg

http://www.kahnandassociates.com/cas...essee_National

http://www.dmv.org/tn-tennessee/lemon-law.php

Old 02-27-2007, 09:08 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The MDS system is stupid in the first place. If I wanted 4 cylinders to run I'd buy a toyota. It causes the pistons and the cylinders to wear funny. Sorry to hear you got stuck with it.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:57 PM
usnfirefighter
Professional

There are some other topics about MDS with and exhaust. Some people are saying not to add and exhaust. Check the 3rd Gen Rams...

Old 03-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

I have contacted customer service and they have explained to me that I will have to pay for the rental car upfront but would be reimbursed.
YOU SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO PAY FOR A RENTAL CAR WHEN A VEHICLE IS UNDER WARRANTY. EVEN IF THEY WILL "REIMBURSE YOU" FOR IT.

Old 03-04-2007, 11:02 PM
2007 SLT Hemi Power
Professional

I have a 07 with MDS and no problems, you need a good service Tech, shop around for a dealer with one

Old 03-07-2007, 10:40 PM
tend2digress

Sharpshooter,
I just bought my dodge 5 days ago and mine is doing the same thing with the grinding noise from park to reverse. They are scheduled to bring it into the dealership tomorrow to see if they can figure out what's wrong with it. Also, today I had picked up my son from school and was backing out of my parking spot when all of a sudden it's like I wasn't in gear or in neutrel. Oddest thing though was the little box that shows what gear you are in was gone. According to it, I wasn't in park, reverse, neutral, or drive.
It is frustrating when you buy a new truck and it's not working properly. I have owned a new dodge before and never did have any problems with it. Mine is the 2007 5.7 Hemi QC as well and I can guarantee you I'll make my opinions known if it's anything major.

Old 03-08-2007, 01:28 AM
wyorat

Sorry to hear. I haven't had any problems with my 07 QC 4x4. Just lucky I guess. I don't like the idea of the MDS either. Wish you could turn it off. Wonder if the dealer service shopt can do it. Anyway, my brothers and father are Chevy fans. My brother buys his wife Denalis and lost a tranny under 5000 miles. He lost a transfer case on his 06 duramax with less than 10,000 miles. All thes big trucks brake. If your using the service shop where you bought the truck and aren't happy with them , then go to another Dodge dealership. Waranty work is waranty work. I buy my trucks in Denver and have them worked on in Cheyenne Wyoming. I would definately push hard to correct the problem now, since, Dodge ripped us with their cheap *** 3yr/36,0000mile waranty. They used to have the best. What happened?

Quick Reply: New Truck Major Problems