Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Spray in Bed Liners

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 06:21 PM
usnfirefighter
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spray in Bed Liners

I was looking in to getting a Spray in bed liner. I won't name the company, but I was quoted 5 different prices from 5 different shops in my local area ranging from $475-580. If I wanted over the rails, that would be an additional $50. Shopping around I found another for 375. When I asked about over the rails they said it was the same price. Now here is the catch, The place for 375, I have never heard of before. Just wondering what company people went with and how happy you are with the quality and price.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Spray in Bed Liners

Ive got Line-x on mine. . been VERY happy with it. I also had the guy shoot the rocker pannels to protect the bottom of my doors from rocks and road debris. . .after about two years the stuff still looks new, and I'm talking about the rocker panels

now the bed is another story, it has faded some, but still looks good.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:26 PM
ryjack

Having worked for Rhinolinings, I'm partial to them. But I do have a Line-X in my truck right now. I don't really have anything bad to say about the Line-X, just like the look of the Rhino better.

It really depends on what your gonna do, If your gonna really use it, ie: construction materials, rock or dirt, ect... Get the Rhino. I think its more durable and forgiving. If your gonna just use it for whatever (not really anything heavy or abrasive) get the cheaper, Probably the Line-X.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:31 PM
ryjack

But I wouldn't use anything other than these two, as they both carry a liftime waranty. Any no-name brand won't have the financial backing to do that, and their product is probably crap, bought from Home Cheapo!! Don't do it yourself either, the only thing any consumer can buy at the store is absolute JUNK.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:23 PM
dlay

I had Alpha-Liner sprayed into my '06 1500. After doing a lot of research and shopping around for a good price, I was going to go with Line-X.
But,what convinced me was, when I went to work one day and asked some of the guysI work with what was sprayed in the work trucks.
They told me that they had tried both Rhinolining and Line-X and that they just didn't hold up to heavy abuse and the trucks were getting resprayed about every 6 months. The Alpha Liner in the company trucks has lasted about 2 years now and is still in good shape. The warranty is for "any" damage to the liner and is for the lifetime of the vehicle. Itis also transferable if you sell the vehicle. They also add theU-V protection into the spray so it is permanently embedded into to liner. It gets about 5 years before fading and all you have to do isa little scrubbing with a water based deck wash and a trip to the car wash tobring back the color.I only payed$375 over the rail. (BTWThe company i work foris a class 1 railroad, to saythat the truckstake heavy abuse is an understatement. They throw anything from dirt and rocks to chunks of heavy steel rail and railroad ties in the back of the turcks)

Old 03-01-2007, 11:55 PM
usnfirefighter
Professional

About the 5 different prices. They were all linex dealers. I thought it would be one set price. And as for doing it myself, I would even attempt. Now if I had an old beater that I didn't care about then I would attempt. But not with a brand new truck!!!

Old 03-02-2007, 01:18 AM
ryjack

ORIGINAL: dlay

I had Alpha-Liner sprayed into my '06 1500. After doing a lot of research and shopping around for a good price, I was going to go with Line-X.
But,what convinced me was, when I went to work one day and asked some of the guysI work with what was sprayed in the work trucks.
They told me that they had tried both Rhinolining and Line-X and that they just didn't hold up to heavy abuse and the trucks were getting resprayed about every 6 months. The Alpha Liner in the company trucks has lasted about 2 years now and is still in good shape. The warranty is for "any" damage to the liner and is for the lifetime of the vehicle. Itis also transferable if you sell the vehicle. They also add theU-V protection into the spray so it is permanently embedded into to liner. It gets about 5 years before fading and all you have to do isa little scrubbing with a water based deck wash and a trip to the car wash tobring back the color.I only payed$375 over the rail. (BTWThe company i work foris a class 1 railroad, to saythat the truckstake heavy abuse is an understatement. They throw anything from dirt and rocks to chunks of heavy steel rail and railroad ties in the back of the turcks)

I've never heard of them... I guess I don't know everything! lol They say you learn something new everyday, don't they. Thats a good price too, do you know if thats an East coast company? Maybe thats why I've never heard of them?!

Old 03-02-2007, 01:55 AM
sharpshooter
Veteran

I had my 00 Z71 sprayed with VORTEX looked good and was durable. It faded over the years but the place I got it from had what they called a sealer they could put over it to make it look new again. I got it done for less than 300.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:31 PM
CatchMyDrift05
Rookie

Here on Long Island,VORTEX is the local place to go in Mt. Sinai NY... I send all my customers there if they want theRhino Liner... Plus i worked a deal with him too... Great buy, great place....

Old 03-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Cruzin90
Rookie

LINE-X dealers are franchises and are free to set their own prices.

Rhino: 100% polyurethane, tear strength 145 pli, temp tolerance 175 degrees, uses a cold/low pressure application system, rather soft at Shore A 92.5, gels in 30 to 45 seconds, dries in 45 minutes, cures in 24 hours. Optional UV topcoat is called Rhino Shine. It will eventually peel off the liner and must be reapplied (the consumer can buy a bottle of it and do it themselves). It's thick and not fun to apply.

LINE-X: Polyurethane/polyurea blend, tear strength 304 pli (note: LINE-X has more than double the tear strength of Rhino), temp tolerance 220 degrees, uses a heat/high pressure application system (for better adhesion and a more uniform looking final texture), harder at Shore D 45, dries in 4 seconds (thus follows the bed’s contours much better), cures in 24 hours. Several UV products are available: Ultra Shield, Nason, or Xtra. All are one-time applications, Xtra is the best (made by Dupont only for LINE-X, contains a Kevlar micro pulp for extreme durability).

Rhino:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...one/rhino7.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...hinoTToys3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ne/Rhino14.jpg

LINE-X:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...Gone/edge1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ilvskymet1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...Gone/TTHA1.jpg

White Vortex:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/vortex2a.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/vortex1a.jpg

Quick Reply: Spray in Bed Liners