Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Hauling two motorcycles in the bed

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 04:18 PM
kiggy74
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hauling two motorcycles in the bed.

This probably what I'll end up doing, at least the first time to see how it works. Thanks for the tip.

ORIGINAL: Vegashd

ORIGINAL: kiggy74

Yes, the truck already has four cleats, one in each corner. But I need two cleats in the front per motorcycle so that I can strap them down by each side of the handlebars. So what I need is an attachment point in the middle.The hook in the diagram would definitely work, I'm just not too sure about leaving that thing in the bed of the truck all the time. I would make it tough to haul anything else.

I'm not new to loading bikes in the bed of a truck. It's not that difficult and saves the hassle of owning and storing a trailer (which is difficult when you live in a condo with a 1-car garage). I've just not tried to haul two at the same time. I have 2 bikes that I ride on track so I'd like to be able to haul them both and I'm sure this bed is big enough to do.

I think I actually found a device that might take care of it though. Has anyone ever hauled motorcycles using this?

http://www.discountramps.com/truck-wheel-chock.htm
just stretch one tie down through the front wheel of the other bike to the other side of the truck. This is how everyone does it.

Quick Reply: Hauling two motorcycles in the bed