Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

how to get a deal on the Ram?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 02:34 PM
jackfrost
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to get a deal on the Ram?

hello all,

i'm working on getting myself a new Ram, and I had checked this website a bit ago, and saw some posts about people getting loaded QC 4x4s for $24k. but the dealers around here aren't budging from like $31k. they're saying they can't give me any lower than that. the MSRP is like $34-35k. am I just not negotiating right?

also, i'm trying to lease, not buy. does that make a huge difference?

oh, and the summer sales drive is about to end at the end of August, does anyone think the incentives in september or october will be as good? i dont really want to rush into anything.

Old 08-30-2004, 03:15 PM
Snafu
Default RE: how to get a deal on the Ram?

Well, if you can still find a 2004 model in Sept. or Oct. you'll get a much better deal. Kinda a gamble, and you'll have to take what you find, but you'll save some $$$. Why are you leasing? I don't understand why you'd pay on a vehicle you don't own.

If you REALLY want to save some major cash, find a 2003 or 2004 lease return (program vehicle). They usually have 10-20,000 miles on them, and you can get them for about 1/2 to 2/3 the sticker price, $17-21K in this case. Plus the warrantee is transferable. I have a buddy that owns a private dealership, and he takes orders when he goes to the lease return auctions. I specify what I want, colors, options, etc, and he gets it at auction price for me. Works great, and I get an almost new vehicle for a hell of a lot less $$$.

Hope this gives you some ideas and helps save some cash.

Old 08-30-2004, 03:22 PM
jackfrost

well there are plenty of '04s still on the lots. in fact, the one dealer didn't even have any '05s yet. but the reason i'm leasing is because the monthly payments are much smaller. and i will be buying it out at the end of the lease. i've just never bought a new vehicle before, so I'm not exactly sure what i'm doing.

Old 08-30-2004, 04:21 PM
sxtram37
Rookie

go to http://www.carbuyingtips.com

theres some good reads in there!

Old 08-30-2004, 05:09 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

ORIGINAL: jackfrost

i've just never bought a new vehicle before, so I'm not exactly sure what i'm doing.
I hope you didn't tell the dealer that.....

Old 08-30-2004, 06:40 PM
AkDanoM
Rookie

The best thing I have learned to do when "buying" a new truck, is to Stand up, you my friend are under no obligation to this dealership.

I have gone through Two dealerships in town for my Dodge, and I ended up going to a third and buying a 1 year old with 13k miles.

They start jumpin and reacting when you say well ... we dont know about this one, we are gonna go home and think about it... they really start reacting nicely... I was able to shave $5k off my wifes 02 ZR-2 S-10 a few years ago and i was able to shave $4k off an '02 Grand Cherokee, this last Dodge that i bought I didnt cut the sticker price i went another route... I went for the incentives, i went for the Extended warrantee (free 100k mile) GAP insurance (free)
Hard Tuneau cover (free) Bed liner (free) running boards (free)

so when dealing with dealers play the game get up and leave and try another one or another day...

Old 08-30-2004, 09:03 PM
scrizzle
Rookie

find out how much your insurance is going to jump, based on what model you get, 4x4, HEMI, etc. Make sure you factor this in with how much of a monthly payment you can afford for the new truck.

Old 08-30-2004, 09:08 PM
Beastmaker
Rookie

Do you have a family member who works for chrysler? There's an EPP (Lots less than window, then add on the incentives)

Old 08-31-2004, 06:12 PM
Reorg

Don't know where you live, but there are unbelievable deals in Texas right now. Also, Chrysler was (i think they still are) offering $3500/$4500 incentive for financing and a $750 discount for Lone Star package, which is just about every Ram on the lots here. On top of that there are some unpublished dealer incentives, especially if you see two trailers of 05s sitting on the lot.

Old 08-31-2004, 06:24 PM
Reorg

Check this advertisement out (Dallas, TX) http://www.autonation.com/dealers/bankstondodge/[/URL]

Quick Reply: how to get a deal on the Ram?