Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

RPM's

Old 08-15-2007, 09:28 PM
tokex420
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RPM's

Hey guys on my 94TT when I go past 4000rpm its doesnt sound so good. befor that its fine, but As soon as I hit 4000rpm something is wrong any tips?

-Also my stereo is making a weird alien sound when its not on accleration and dies out when i start stopping.

Thx alot guys!

Old 08-16-2007, 12:48 PM
yevgenievich
Captain
Default RE: RPM's

about radio going off when stopping, could be alternator or battery. and what do you mean by it doesn't sound good when you go past 4000 rpm's?

Old 08-16-2007, 01:28 PM
thestealth
Champion

Does it backfire past 4k? Do you have a real boost guage? Have you done any work on it lately?

Old 08-16-2007, 11:35 PM
tokex420
Professional

Hey guys the radio was the battery i just replaced it and it worked, It was drained.

But the 4000Rpm thing my friend said he had the same problem with his car and he changed the spark plugs and it fixed it. I have the stock guage and the car is compeltly stock.
I dont know if it back fires but I dont think so.

Old 08-17-2007, 11:14 AM
yevgenievich
Captain

well, one way to check spark plugs is pull one of them out and if it's burned to crisp then it could be the problem
ORIGINAL: tokex420

Hey guys the radio was the battery i just replaced it and it worked, It was drained.
a friend of mine had the same problem except his truck would stall out because when idling the alternator could not produce the power needed and battary was dead.

Old 09-13-2007, 06:52 PM
tokex420
Professional

Sorry for responding so late, But yeah when i floor it and once it gets to 4000rpm its feels like it jerks and doesnt want to go past that, itll be fine if i drive it normal past 4000.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:17 PM
thestealth
Champion

ORIGINAL: thestealth

Does it backfire past 4k? Do you have a real boost guage? Have you done any work on it lately?
Did you reconnect the vacuum line on the back of the Y-pipe, right at the elbow? I forgot to hook that one up once, did exactly what you are describing.

Old 09-22-2007, 09:53 PM
tokex420
Professional

Dam no it wasn't the line at the elbow it was connected already i still havent checked the hoses for oil gonna do that some time this week. But thanks for the suggestion

Old 01-01-2012, 11:37 PM
92StealthRT/TT

Hey guys, I know this post is kind of old, but I'm hoping someone found some sort of solution to this.

I just bought a 92 stealth rt/tt, completely rebuilt engine, and all this other stuff done too it. It seemed great when I got it, turbos boosted great etc etc. but now when I am accelerating, I am getting the same problems as what has been described. On a decently hard acceleration(not WOT, but close) when I get to about 4k rpm(2nd gear), it hesitates, feels like it looses some boost, then keeps going and does the same at about 5 1/2k rpm... then I shift, (going into 3rd) press the gas the same, then at 4k rpm, it jerks pretty hard, feels like the engine just wants to fall out, so I instantly let off the gas, and smooth accelerate and its fine that way.

Anyways, this happens almost every single time I give it a decent acceleration... bothering the crap out of me, I have not changed the spark plugs yet, but I got the car right after the guy had finished rebuilding it, so I figured they are new.

Sorry for all the typing, I appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks!

Old 01-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Girly TT
Veteran

could be plugs, could be the turbos going out. change the plugs first though. Always start with the easiest. make sure the are a quality plug (NGK's are what we use), and make sure they are gapped properly.

My stealth TT had a similar problem, under hard acceleration, it would sort of bog, then pick back up, and bog again, and pick back up.

Check the piping after each turbo for oil. then check for shaft play, it could be your turbos are just shot. That is not usually something people usually rebuild when they tear into the engine for a rebuild.

Search this Thread