Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

The best stealth to get?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 12:40 AM
morrow
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The best stealth to get?

well im pretty mechanically inclined but i dont feel like spending 10 grand on a TT aws, awd stealth so what would be a good one tob uy that i could swap a TT over too?? also how hard to convert to awd??? and what the best yr for these cars? thnx

<chris>

Old 02-19-2004, 08:57 PM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: The best stealth to get?

I think the 91 to 93 Stealth R/T's look the best. The ES model is the lightest, but ugliest.
There are not any "kits" persay to make an NA stealth twin turbo. You would need to find a wrecked "donor" TT to do this. You'll want the ECU, oilpan, intercoolers, intake plenum, exhaust manifolds, and of course the turbos. Some of this can be purchased in the aftermarket. Several people on 3si.org have successfully made the conversion. It is said that a LSD is needed for the transaxle, for traction and durability. As far as the awd convert, it has been done, but requires some cutting and welding to make it all fit.
If you are going to do this, good luck, and check out 3si. Lots of good info on that site. Be warned, try to use the search function before you post, or the "search ****'s" will come running.
One more thing, while the engine, 6g72, was pretty much the same from 91 to 99 (when the 3000gt went away) the 93 and up TT engines had 4 bolt mains.

Billy

Old 02-20-2004, 03:31 AM
redriderbob
Banned

Nah the 1994 models look great too... but if you got the money a Stealth R/T TT (Twin Turbo) AWD model is the way to go. 300 horsepower! heck yeah! But if not, I would go w/ the base run of the mill R/T model... the ES is just the plain jane Stealth. R/T models at least have the cool back on them and look sporty!

redriderbob

Old 02-20-2004, 03:35 AM
redriderbob
Banned

Here are some pictures...

[IMG]local://upfiles/1408/Db848818952.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1408/Ql346167457.jpg[/IMG]
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T TT AWD:

[IMG]local://upfiles/1408/Af893520755.jpg[/IMG]
1994 Dodge Stealth R/T:

redriderbob

Old 02-20-2004, 03:42 PM
thestealth
Champion

If you cannot afford a TT because of high initial cost, insurance and general up keep, try to get a stealth with at least the DOHC motor. It was rated at 222 hp whereas the SOHC is rated at 165 (I think). On thing that is VERY important in the DOHC motors is having the 60k maintenance done. Make sure you see records of this. If in doubt spend the money to get it done. A 60k tuneup consists of T-belt, waterpump, plugs and such. If the T-belt goes out it can and will mess up the motor. Good luck.

Billy

Redrider, my preference is in the popup lights and ground effect kit. Although I wish the 1st gens did not have the dumb strut tower covers. The 96 TT had the best banana spoiler of the bunch though. IMO Stealths are better looking than most cars made today, in any trim level.

Old 02-21-2004, 01:29 AM
redriderbob
Banned

Good point and so very very true!

redriderbob

Old 06-01-2004, 03:26 AM
Deleted User
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 06-01-2004, 04:55 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll have to agree with that. Unless your going to buy a part here and there for it and hopefully get it done that way, you might as well save some money now to buy a TT outright. It would be cheaper in the long run and a lot less frustrating as well.

Old 06-16-2004, 06:20 PM
alan92rttt
Rookie

ORIGINAL: 71RoadRunner
I'll have to agree with that. Unless your going to buy a part here and there for it and hopefully get it done that way, you might as well save some money now to buy a TT outright. It would be cheaper in the long run and a lot less frustrating as well.
TTing a FWD 3S is not cheap. You'd need 3-4k(or more) just in parts. It's a major project.

Adding AWD is just not an option unless you have a complet donor car for parts.

Just save for the TT you be better off in the long run.

Quick Reply: The best stealth to get?