Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Dodge Stealth Severe Tranny Slippage

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 02:49 AM
DodgeStealth93
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Stealth Severe Tranny Slippage

Hello I currently own a 1993 Dodge Stealth Base with an SOHC engine and automatic 4 speed trans! Lately i have been experiencing a lot of transmission problems. First of all, after the first start up of the day when i go to drop the trans in gear it slips really bad when trying to go from park to either reverse or drive. When i throw the car in drive and give the car a good amount of gas the rpms raise up to 1500 but the car struggles to get up to speed. This happens a lot when trying to go up hill. Eventually after a few tries the car finally gains speed. Then eventually as im driving along the car feels like it is stuck in first gear and doesnt want to shift to any other gear because you give it gas and it picks up significantly but as soon as you let off the car starts slowing itself down. In other words, the transmission starts to act like it wants to be shifted manually. Also when coming to a stop when the car downshifts a huge clunk/slip occurs. You can hear it and feel it. The car constantly struggles to shift and slips a lot in both 1st and 2nd but i havent noticed any slippage in 3rd or 4th. I have tried turning overdrive off but the slipping still continues. Is it time for a rebuild? I have tried changing the fluid and the filter and i already completely flushed the tranny out. What else can i try?

Old 10-12-2012, 07:08 AM
toddrs93
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea sound like it is time for a rebuild. Unfortunately those transmissions are pretty costly to rebuild. Feel free to text or call me if you have any questions as we do rebuild these.

Quick Reply: Dodge Stealth Severe Tranny Slippage