Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Looking to buy a Stealth RT TT/GT3000 VR-4

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 11:49 PM
AcesEleven
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy a Stealth RT TT/GT3000 VR-4

OK, so first off I jsut wanted to say that I'm new with these forums, so bare with me here xD.

So I see that the 1991 3000GT VR-4 and the Dodge Stealth RT Turbo are the same exact, at least as far as the mechanics go. But from what I've seen from a couple of sites, such as http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html the 3000GT is a bit faster then the Stealth. Is this information really all that accurate at all to begin with? I mean, ya, I know that aerodynamics and a one being a BIT lighter than the other would play a factor, but besides that, they'd be roughly the same. I'm in debate between these two cars, yet am not quite sure which to go with. If one has a bigger advantage over the other, I'd gladly go with that one, but we'll see. Does anyone have any opinions of which have better interior, better driving, lower, or just all around better cars? Or can anyone give me any links that show a comparison between the two, or a site that compares performance between cars in general, like the one I posted above? Thanks so much, and sorry for the many questions. I'm just really looking forward to buying a '91 or older sports car as soon as possible, and I'm only 17 so it HAS to be '91 or older. At '92, the insurance takes a SUDDEN peak and doubles, at least according to what the online quotes say. Thanks

Old 09-17-2006, 12:09 AM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: Looking to buy a Stealth RT TT/GT3000 VR-4

The are virtually the same cars. Same interiors and pretty much the same options. The VR4 has "active aero" spoilers on the front and rear, but how well they work is open for debate. Technically, the 95-96 Stealth RT/TT's are the fastest because they are the lightest due to options like AWS being taken off.

Old 09-17-2006, 12:18 AM
AcesEleven

hmm, ok, thanks for the quick reply. I doubt that hte spoilers would maek muc hof any difference for me, for hte MAIN thing I'm looking for is a stronger acceleration rather than a higher top speed, adn if anything, spoilers woudl add to top speed. I'm probably sticking with getting a Stealth, but now I just have to deal with FINDING one.. the hardest part. Basically, I'm trying to spedn anywehre from $5-7K on buying/restoring if needed. Hopefully I cna find a deal close to Houston by christmas though, and if not, I guess I have one hell of a road trip ahead of me xD.

Old 09-17-2006, 01:13 AM
djserax313

Yes they are the same car pretty much, Mitsubishi in my opinion did a lil better in the styling department. I would buy whichever one you like the looks of better performance are basically the same.

Old 09-17-2006, 01:29 AM
AcesEleven

ya, that's what I figured. But the style alone is nearly identical as well. They both have near-same form. The ony major difference I really see between the two is the tail on the 3000GT looks a bit better imo.

Old 09-17-2006, 02:02 AM
foxx

im a big fan of the stealth, ive had 2 one na and the new one i have is rt/tt

Old 09-17-2006, 02:11 AM
AcesEleven

hmm, I thikn basically my deciding factor will be which is cheaper compared ot the condition xD. I'm not muc hfo a fan of the tail, and REALLY not of the spoiler on the stealth, but love the rest of the body. But.. then again, I can always get newer body kits as well to accent for that.

Old 09-17-2006, 02:33 AM
foxx

the vr 4 is easier to get parts from the dealer. in my experience, mitsubishi needs a 3kt vin code, and dodge tells me to go to mitsubihi

Old 09-17-2006, 02:35 AM
foxx

though i must say the stealth is alot more masculine

Old 09-17-2006, 02:42 AM
AcesEleven

hmmm, so if you need parts, dodge telles you to contact mitsubishi? That's weird. I was kind of hopign it the other way around, considering mitsubishi is import and dodge is...just conveniently here.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy a Stealth RT TT/GT3000 VR-4