Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Thoughts on SRT4?

Old 10-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Willis_93ES
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thoughts on SRT4?

i just think they would look so much nicer if they had a 2door option available? could anyone imagine a 4door stealth? lol thats what i'm tryin to say.

Old 10-03-2006, 05:29 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First off there is no reason to think that this would turn into a flame war, especially since I don't flame and there's nothing to fight about since it's about opinions.

The "lecture" as you put it was because there were several responses that had some correct info and some wrong, so I just clarified it all at once instead of addessing some here and there and causing confusion.

Nowhere does it say Neon on an SRT-4, even the owners manuals only say Dodge SRT-4, and DCX even made it more than clear to any and all magazines that they are not to call it a Neon, of which many of the magazines even stated in their SRT-4 reviews/articles that DCX told them not to call it a Neon. In fact, the SRT title first appeared on the SRT-4 concept car and was simply called the Dodge SRT. Now with the SRT line carrying the same designations (4, 6, 8, 10) on multiple vehicles, they have to use the base vehicles name with it to differentiate between them. With the upcomming Caliber SRT-4, only the SRT-6 will stand out by itself as the only SRT vehicle with that particular designation.

Old 10-03-2006, 01:17 PM
Willis_93ES
Veteran

ok 71 roadrunner correct me if i'm wrong allrighty

Srt-4 Variation of Neon
Srt-6 Variation of Crossfire
Srt-8 Variatoin of Charger/Magnum <--- not sure about magnum
Srt-10 Variation of Ram and of corse Viper.

And does the Srt division have anything to do with "daytona" rams or chargers? or sxt?.

Old 10-03-2006, 01:30 PM
thestealth
Champion

If it looks like a duck...and quacks like a duck...chances are...it's a duck.

SRT4 = Neon

Old 10-03-2006, 01:34 PM
Willis_93ES
Veteran

rock on and dude i know this is random and off of the forum topic. but i'm in class right now and i'm so bored

Old 10-04-2006, 05:34 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The SRT-8 line is made for the Charger, Magnum, 300C and Grand Cherokee.

PVO/SRT has nothing to do with anything but the SRT vehicle line, so no, they don't have anything to do with the Daytona versions or SXT or even the R/T's.

A perfect example of the SRT-4 being it's own car is made more apparent by the 2.4L turbo powered PT Cruiser called the GT Cruiser. The only difference between the PT Cruiser and the GT Cruiser is the drivetrain and maybe some suspension parts, it has the exact same exterior and interior of the PT as well as most everything which is why it isn't an SRT even though it uses the same drivetrain as the SRT-4. The 2.4L turbo was first used in the Mexico only version of the Stratus R/T years earlier.

The SRT-4 using the Neon's chassis is going to look somewhat like the Neon, but to more than half it doesn't look much like the Neon which is one of the reasons why I often times have people asking me what kind of car it is (which just happened on saturday) and the others either know exactly what it is or think it's just a Neon with a body kit. The SRT-4 sounds absolutely nothing like a Neon, feels nothing like a Neon and it doesn't perform anything like a Neon and there's an obvious reason why.

Now go to a local car show and tell the guy with the restored GTO that his car is just a LeMans and don't forget about telling the one with the Superbee that it's just a Coronet. Don't forget to stop by a NOPI or HIN show and tell the Evo owners that it's just a Lancer and the STi guys that it's just an Imprezza.[sm=boink3.gif]

Old 10-04-2006, 02:33 PM
Willis_93ES
Veteran

I love the srt-4 though, just like i like any turbocharged car. listening to the spool and blow off is compeltely awesome in every possible way. i love it and always have. thats why i want a r/t stealth so damn bad...

Old 10-05-2006, 05:55 PM
falcon66
Rookie

RoadRunner,
I understand what you are saying. I had a Ford Falcon and while the early Mustangs were built off the same frame and drivetrain, they are two distinctly different cars. I have also seen a Ford Pinto with a V8 and Blower sticking out of the hood, but it was still a Pinto. A cool Pinto, but still a Pinto. Carrol Shelby highly modified Mustangs, but they were still Mustangs. As a car guy I also understand the difference between different manufacturers slightly modifying the same car and rebadging it. The name is different, the car is the same.

SRT-4 = Modified Neon

Old 10-05-2006, 07:22 PM
300ZXSRT4
Captain

ORIGINAL: 71RoadRunner

The SRT-8 line is made for the Charger, Magnum, 300C and Grand Cherokee.

PVO/SRT has nothing to do with anything but the SRT vehicle line, so no, they don't have anything to do with the Daytona versions or SXT or even the R/T's.

A perfect example of the SRT-4 being it's own car is made more apparent by the 2.4L turbo powered PT Cruiser called the GT Cruiser. The only difference between the PT Cruiser and the GT Cruiser is the drivetrain and maybe some suspension parts, it has the exact same exterior and interior of the PT as well as most everything which is why it isn't an SRT even though it uses the same drivetrain as the SRT-4. The 2.4L turbo was first used in the Mexico only version of the Stratus R/T years earlier.

The SRT-4 using the Neon's chassis is going to look somewhat like the Neon, but to more than half it doesn't look much like the Neon which is one of the reasons why I often times have people asking me what kind of car it is (which just happened on saturday) and the others either know exactly what it is or think it's just a Neon with a body kit. The SRT-4 sounds absolutely nothing like a Neon, feels nothing like a Neon and it doesn't perform anything like a Neon and there's an obvious reason why.

Now go to a local car show and tell the guy with the restored GTO that his car is just a LeMans and don't forget about telling the one with the Superbee that it's just a Coronet. Don't forget to stop by a NOPI or HIN show and tell the Evo owners that it's just a Lancer and the STi guys that it's just an Imprezza.[sm=boink3.gif]

71RoadRunner, you are 100% correct. You get an "A" on your SRT and PVO exam. I was bored so I happen to read this topic and I don't see anyone flaming or "lecturing". Only opinions and facts.

Old 10-06-2006, 11:02 AM
motempo

ORIGINAL: thestealth

If it looks like a duck...and quacks like a duck...chances are...it's a duck.

SRT4 = Neon

Thank you thestealth. Finally someone gets what I'm saying.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thoughts on SRT4?