Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Thoughts on SRT4?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 01:08 PM
Willis_93ES
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thoughts on SRT4?

a 2 door srt-4 would be the coolest thing ever, its insane to believe they didn't make a 4door variation.

Old 10-17-2006, 03:01 PM
falcon66
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I imagine another reason SRT-4 makers and owners want to differentiate themselves is the relatively poor mechanical quality of the Neons. JD Powers only gives them a 2 out of a possible five. (Note that they don't actually give 1's, probably so they don't completely insult the manufacturers.) I commonly hear about Neons that blow head gaskets and such from people who don't race them or push them hard. I hope the quality of the SRT-4 engine is better.

Old 10-23-2006, 04:54 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Neon head gasket problem was only with the 1st gen Neons ('95-'98 Neons and the first '99's, it was fixed mid-year in the '99 model year) and has nothing to do with the 2nd gen and later Neons, so that isn't an issue with the '00 and up Neons and the SRT-4's are also not faulty in this area. I know someone that had a 1st gen 2.0L SOHC Neon and was pedal to the floorboard every time he drove it and as I warned him it blew the head gasket and he drove it with a blown head gasket for about a year before it went completely to hell. I raced my '99 Neon R/T, which was a late '99 with the replacement MLS (Multi Layer Steel) head gasket from the factory, and it never had a problem one with it's head gasket and continued to be ran down the dragstrip after I sold it.

Sport Compact Car magazine took apart an SRT-4 2.4L Turbo engine to see what it's made of and had nothing but raves about it and it's quality ans strength, so I really don't see too many breaking unless they are from owner/operator modifications, error or ignorance.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on SRT4?