Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

new engine

Old 08-22-2004, 03:34 AM
mitsustealthcross
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new engine

I need either a new stealth engine or a mitsu 3000 gt engine. Brand new or under 10000 miles on it. Anyone know where I can get that? It's for a 92.

Old 08-22-2004, 07:56 AM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: new engine

Edited, I was tired last night.

You can try your luck with a JDM engine (same as US spec don't let anyone tell you different) I have heard many good and bad stories about importing the 6g72 engines so that is really a crap shoot, imo. You can buy a short-block (block, crank, pistons and such) for around 3k I think. You can also take your chance with rebuilding your motor, some have had poor luck with rebuilds so ehh, I don't know.

The Stealership is the only place to get new motors at this time.

Old 08-23-2004, 10:55 PM
mitsustealthcross

I found a 3000gt twin turbo engine that was imported from japan. Bad idea?

Old 08-23-2004, 11:34 PM
thestealth
Champion

How much does it cost? Does it have everything, turbos, oil pan etc? What kind of "start up warranty" does it have? What company are you getting it from? I have heard that not all importers are created equal.

You do know that the TT motor has 8:1 compression ratio as opposed to the NA's cr of 10:1. If you are planning to swap in a TT motor you will need a bigger fuel pump, such as a Walbro. You may also need a AFC (air fuel controller), and maybe an ECU. Only if you are planning on going TT. If not, I would not recommend putting the TT in your car as the lower CR will greatly lower your HP.

Let me know if I need to clarify.

Old 08-28-2004, 03:32 AM
mitsustealthcross

it was 2500 and it had both turbos and the oil pan. I aksed the guy why he needed to sell it and where he got it and how he knew there was less than 45 thousand miles on it. he said it was from Japan and that they have emisions laws that restrict the use of engines in cars to under 45 thousand miles. !?!?!? wierd

Old 08-30-2004, 04:23 PM
thestealth
Champion

Do you own a Stealth or 3KGT at this time? If not, I would recommend buying one that is in working order. You will be happier in the long run.

Old 09-03-2004, 10:18 PM
mitsustealthcross

but the thing is is that I can't find one with low miles on it. I want an early 90s model so they all have at least 90k on them and thats too much for me.

Old 09-03-2004, 10:55 PM
thestealth
Champion

ORIGINAL: mitsustealthcross

but the thing is is that I can't find one with low miles on it. I want an early 90s model so they all have at least 90k on them and thats too much for me.
I understand that. I bought mine with 106k on it. I have put 40k on it and it has been the model of reliability. That is not without saying I do alot of maintenance things on items before they break, things like wheel bearings, brakes, 60k and 120k services, regular fluid changes. Engine, tranny and interior switchgear has all performed flawlessly.

It does help that it was a one owner who also cared for the car.

Best advice I can give you on used car shopping is "Go with your gut" if it doesn't feel right, chances are it's not.

Good luck, I wish you well in your search.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new engine