Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Can a dodge stealth become fas

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 12:13 AM
Genericilos
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can a dodge stealth become fas

thank u very much... it's good knowing i have a little while to save the money for a engine.. although i want to convert mine into a rt/tt 5spd.... one day i will.... theres 1 at the junkyard in ocala florida.. a st/tt that is.. so i'm gonna steal some crap off that! =) lol... this might like a dumb question.. but why didn't the Stealth make it?? it seems like an amazing car for it's time.. and even now people admire it when they see one... and do u think they would ever bring it back? kinda like wat the did with the challenger and charger... like a car you haven't heard of in awhile, then BOOM there it is.. in your face with a new model.. i think dodge fans would go nutz about it... buts thats my oppinion... well thank u for the info! i'll keep u all updated on my baby! =)

Old 09-29-2007, 08:45 AM
thestealth
Champion

There are a few theories as to why it didn't make it. One has something to do with the value of the yen to the dollar, making them expensive to import. The other is that they were not selling well, so they were axed. Another, the performance was too close to the Viper at the time and Dodge didn't want the public to lose interest in it's "halo" car.

What the real reason is...only Dodge knows.

I hope they never resurrect the name. They would probably attach it to some 4 door sedan or crossover vehicle or something.

Oh, and it has been my experience, many "Dodge" fans don't care for their Mitsubishi cousin.

Old 09-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Genericilos

do u think the car will be a real classic car in like 10 years?? like the 69 stingray or 70 charger??? like that famous? also... i'm converting my es into a rt/tt soooo how much money do u think it would take to do that?? i'm also converting it into a 5spd! sooo.. i'm just looking for a estimate, nothing exact! and also... the color black that my car is.. is amazing!!! the darkest black i have ever seen.. i don't know if it is dodge original paint.. or from a paint shop... i know when i get it painted that it won't be as black and shiny as it is now.. but how do i find out if it is the manufactured paint or from a shop??!! thank u very much for the help and info! you all semm to really know wat your talking about! but i'm sorry if i get annoying with the questions! =\ lol...

Old 09-29-2007, 09:34 PM
yevgenievich
Captain

as for finding out if it's factory or not, usually you can tell if it's been repainted. You can look at the door and there should be a sticker stating the original color. I don't think it would be classic any time soon. Dodge was very quick to forget the car and every dealership or dodge related place will not know about it until you point to them the dodge badge. Their website have every car except dodge stealth(last time i looked). I think the main reason it was droped is because the base model is a poor performer but looks good. It's a bit on a heavy side as well. Converting from es to tt with 5 speed some times will cost more than buying a good rt/tt plus you would have awd. But if you do the conversion you feel better because you maid it fast. If the es looks like the base model from the back then that would be a plus for me instead of buying rt/tt because personaly i am not a big fan off back/corner/fender/hatch taillights
EDIT: personally i am not a big fan of banana on the back of the car either...
but it does have an unique look

Old 09-29-2007, 10:33 PM
Genericilos

does awd make that big of a difference?! i'm not going to even race the car... i wouldn't feel like having my co-workers have to watch me in the cells i used to watch! lol.. i work for lecanto county jail as a correctional officer.. so over time i know i can rebuild it considerring the money i make.. also.. with the true dual exhaust that i don't have at the moment... but very soon! =)... will the car sound meener? like a lot more like a muscle car then wat it sounds like now.. it's not like a ricer, but it's not like a muscle it's right in the middle! lol.. (i know, great description...lol) i'm looking to make it like something you wouldn't see around here.. wich having a stealth in the first place is rare! =) there's 1 other one in the county.. but i want to put a body kit.. spoiler(the original spoiler), underglow kit, you know the works.. the only thing i'm really leaving alone is the rims... i like them.. don't kno why, but i like them a lot! =).. OHHHHHHH and where can i find the motor repair book for this car!!!! i can't find it ANYWHERE!! for this car or the 3000gt.... if u could tell me i would greatly appriciate it! thanks much!

GeNeRiC

Old 09-30-2007, 05:36 PM
yevgenievich
Captain

if you give me your email i can send you the cd version, it's just few adobe files. Covers the motor and the body. Electrical as well.
As for puting true dual will make it meaner. Without turbos i wish i kept mine at single. When i went to true duals it sounded better up to 4k rpm but then it sounded worce than those civics driving around. Thestealth pointed out a while back that with turbos the exhaust will be much quiter. So having true dual with turbos might actually be ok. The only way to get the muscle car sound is to drop a v8 in there. I gave up on geting good exhaust note and bought a firebird. Now i am just waiting untill i can affor a v8 swap.
EDIT: forgat about awd. If you get turbo swap with some performance part and get about 400hp you will have a lot of torque steer. You would need to run wide tires upfront. For me with base v6 205 wide tires actually were giving some torqe steer problems and handling was poor. After i went to 245 wide in the front and back ihad no problems except i still have about 150hp
Another thing: with front wheel drive cars when you take off the weight transfers to the back creating less traction up the front. If you want to keep it fwd then put some tight springs at the back to reduce the weight transfer

Old 09-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Genericilos

yea, here's my email adress.. illmaticgenericdisease@yahoo.com that would be great if you can send that for me! =) i've been looking for a long time! and i can't believe true dual makes it sound that bad! i'm probably still going to get it for looks tho! lol...

Old 09-30-2007, 09:59 PM
yevgenievich
Captain

you can check my youtube videos to hear it, the first one in the first video is single with muffler taken out and empty cat, i think it sounded the best.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQpXZngtNHA
it probably be tomorrow before i can email you the files, i will have to go to my apartment to put it on the flash drive and then come back to the computer lab to send it.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:20 AM
Genericilos

thats no problem at all man! i thank you soooooo much!!! boy i love this forum more and more everyday! =).. lol i finally have 2 days off starting tomorrow! 6 more hours at work and then i'll be done! woohoo! in wich case i will wash and wax my care.. i have a couple spar pieces to throw on too! then i'll be taking pics of her and puttin it on here, for you guys/girls to see! =) to deffinitley a work in progress.. but hopefully with all your help you will come together quickly and smoothly! =) thank you again!

Old 10-01-2007, 01:23 AM
Street_Challenged73

Your idea to get the ES into the 13 sec. range is a good one, but if you want to have a car that'll hold its value better through the years definitely look into a true R/T TT. As mentioned, there's been a ton of FWD TT conversions, but it's that much harder to put the extra power to use without putting the tires up in smoke. I have owned my '91 Stealth R/T TT for only about a month now, but let's just say for being my first AWD car it's a blast to drive for what I paid. While their prices are substantially low compared to when they sold new (~$31,000-$32,500), these cars should do well in the next ten years or so. (Or so I hope) The way I look at it is these cars (the Stealth R/T TT & VR-4) will be acknowledged as "modern day" muscle cars (yeah, it's kind of hard to grasp being a fan of the old school V-8s), so price levels should begin increasing and ultimately justifies throwing money at them to get them performing their best along with getting them looking very nice. (IE: no Ricer options should be added.)

Quick Reply: Can a dodge stealth become fas