Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Need pictures of Stratus R/T Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 05:21 PM
SwampTromper
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need pictures of Stratus R/T Coupe

Hope someone can help take several pictures of the underside of their car and email them to me (note this has to be of the Stratus Coupe R/T, the four doors are totally different).

I am looking for what plastic pieces that are missing on the underside to my 05 Stratus Coupe R/T with the Mitsubishi 3.0 Liter engine.
My problem is when it rains, the air-conditioning compressor is getting wet and shuts down (the A/C light on the **** begins to flash on and off)then my window fog up and I can not see todrive(Texas high humidity air).

I ordered and received two of the pieces (Air duct and lower air duct that looks like itmounts in front of andat the bottom of the radiator) but do not quite know how they mount.

My inner fender is in place and there is part of a plastic left shield around the compressor (passenger side)but it looks like it is missing pieces here because on the very bottom of the plastic are two holes that attach to this. On the other side (driver side) the plastic right shield is danglingand needs to be attached to something (I temporally ran acoat hanger to hold it in place)

The pictures I seek are from underneath the car just behind the radiator core support to about the back of the lower control arms, from one side of the car to the other (in other words several pictures of the area between the front tires). send to jazz175hp@yahoo.com

Old 10-15-2007, 02:37 PM
DMark
Default RE: Need pictures of Stratus R/T Coupe

I think I have the same issue.

I just did my first oil change yesterday on my RT and it looked to me as if there were some splash pans missing.

Did you ever get any pictures?

Old 10-15-2007, 02:53 PM
lngbrding
Professional

I've had this problen too. Mine only shuts down though if i actually hit a standing puddle and tire sprays the water all over glory.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:56 PM
DMark

Maybe somebody will post some pictures of the area under the front and we'll figure out what is missing.

Old 10-16-2007, 12:16 PM
nate_0022
Captain

Can I get a pic of the parts your ordered I can try and see if I can find them tonight when I do oil changes.

Old 10-16-2007, 12:41 PM
DMark

Nate,

If you can, just take pictures of the area under your car from the bumpers backand we'll see what we should have.

Mark

Old 10-16-2007, 01:12 PM
nate_0022
Captain

Sounds good I'll do this tonight along with the pic of the lower intake box for you DMark

Old 10-16-2007, 09:21 PM
nate_0022
Captain

Not sure if this helps at all but let me know I can take more tomorrow.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:04 AM
DMark

Nate,

This area looks like mine.

Its that hole that makes me think that there should be a panel there going forward to the bumper edge which also has holes

[IMG][IMG]

Seems there should be a panel that covers the area under the washerto keep rain water from gettingup to the engine bay.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:06 AM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker

There definitely are splash panels under there. When changing the oil I have to remove and replace them, it will be quite some time before I can get the car in the air again to get pics. I use a lift at work cause I don' have a set of ramps with a gradual enough lift.

Quick Reply: Need pictures of Stratus R/T Coupe