Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Help!Sunroof wont close

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 07:46 AM
ezeke
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!Sunroof wont close

My 2004 Stratus I just bought is having problems closing the sunroof.I have tried everything else electrical and they are fine.The sunroof just wont close.You can here the clicking from the mechsnical parts in the sunroof to hear its trying to close.I have searched here for a similar scenario but all I see is something that has to do with it partially opening or closing.Help guys!

Old 10-13-2007, 10:43 AM
nate_0022
Captain
Default RE: Help!Sunroof wont close

It sounds like something is off track, You might have to take it in and get that fixed.

Old 10-13-2007, 10:51 AM
lngbrding
Professional

Funny thing is sometimes mine won't open. I have to give it that little 2 finger push for it to pop all the way up... It sticks to the seals in the back on occasion. But he's right. Something is either off track or broken in yours.

Old 10-13-2007, 04:14 PM
03StratusES

The motor inmy sunroofjust went on Monday and I couldn't close it. Of course it started downpouring on my commute back from school and everything inside got a nice bathso i wasn't really happy...gonna take a week to order a new one and they are gonna change the switch too just in case. All under warranty though thank god!

Old 10-13-2007, 05:26 PM
ezeke

thanks for your reply guys.Im gonna go out and make sure the fuses are ok.Then I'll giggle the roof a little to see if anything if off track

Old 10-13-2007, 05:57 PM
ezeke

Well,nothing doin.you can here the click from pressing the close button but thats all you hear.No motor going
like its stuck trying to close.Any thoughts?I opened the fuse panel,looked at the manual and didnt see where the fuses for the sunroof are.

Old 10-13-2007, 07:52 PM
03StratusES

I know you said you were gonna try to mess around with it but try using the palm of your hand and hitting the edge of the class with a moderate smack...thats how the dealership was able to get the motor to click back on...i don't know if this will help in your case because you say you can hear the parts moving, just not the glass itself. Good luck!

Old 10-13-2007, 07:54 PM
lngbrding
Professional

Just don't bring the baseball bat to the pillow fight....

Quick Reply: Help!Sunroof wont close