Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

01 R/T heat issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008 | 02:24 PM
01indigoR/T
|
Professional
Default 01 R/T heat issue

i have an 01 R/T, 85000 miles on it, its been in the low teens in temp here lately (cold as hell outside), when i start the car up in the morning and let it warm up i noticed that even after 15 mins or so i still dont have heat coming out of the vents, funny thing is when i push the gas pedal to where its higher then 2500rpms i have heat. as soon as i get to a light or stop sign the heat goes way low in temp to where it feels cold and then as soon as i take off the heat comes back and its all fine. i noticed that it seems like im having a charging issue especialy when i have my defrost on high( my whipers move slow, my windows go realy slow down and up.) could i be looking at a battery issue or something more deep? seems that way cause the higher the revs, the more stuff is charging and thats when im getting heat, if i have a weak battery im thinking its going to struggle unless i have my foot in the gas.

thanks for your help and i hope i can find some answers!

Old 01-21-2008 | 03:35 PM
Scamz
Default RE: 01 R/T heat issue

yeah idk thats kinda weird, i have some of those problems with windows going slow and wipers and stuff also my head lights seem very dim which is weird, but heat works fine and i have the same year with about the same # of miles, idk hopefully nothing goes bad and i have to spend a lot of money

Old 01-22-2008 | 09:27 PM
abecker7596

my car is also doing this. we have a vacuum line that must have popped off. the reason i have not fixed mine yet is because i have no idea what line is off, and i can see anything under my hood. i can only see the top of everything. anyways, good luck finding which one fell off.

Old 04-22-2008 | 11:38 AM
robjt

I have an 01 ES that does the same thing. I think its a bad thermostat. I can see coolent starting to leak around the housing. I think it sticks and with the added pressure (like driving or stepping on the gas at a light) forces the heated coolant to flow through and into the heater core. I plan on replacing mine very soon. Don't want the thing to overheat now that summer is coming.

...rob
01 Strat ES

Quick Reply: 01 R/T heat issue