Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Noisy strut passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 02:19 PM
pixelpadre
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Problem solved....$6.00

Ok you know how they go back to the diagnosis and find out what really was the problem?

I pulled the strut out. Strut I might add is very different than standard strut assembly. This one has a fork connection. Anyway once out, I removed the spring and inspected the inner and outer bushing on the strut tower. the top most one was clearly visible when lifting the hood. In fact there was none, just dust. The other one that goes under the wheel well inside the strut assembly, was in PERFECT CONDITION. Translation....a two hour job could have been done in 10 minutes by merely replacing the bushing in the engine compartment. The passenger side also squeaked and CLUNKED (due to lack of a bushing). I merely unscrewed the nut lifted off the washer and removed the corpse, placed a new one in and placed washer and nut back on in all of 5 minutes. I recommend wire brushing threads and lubricating a day before removing the nut.

Since the one half of the bushing assembly is in pristine condition, you can buy just the one set of two bushing and use half on the driver side and half on the passenger side.

Cost for me was 12.00 for both sides, but I could have gotten away with only a $6.00 tab since I only used two of the 4 bushings that I bought.

Here is the link, http://shocksandstruts.com/item.wws?...TRUTS&weight=5

Tools needed for this job:
Vice Grip
15mm Wrench

Quick Reply: Noisy strut passenger side