Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

95 Strat "No Bus", no run problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 06:07 PM
HearseNurse
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Strat "No Bus", no run problem

My 95 stratus, 2.5L, used to run fine. I replaced the air bags with some from a salvage vehicle. Since then, it will start and idle barely. When you give it gas, it dies. I have no gauges on the panel. My odometer now reads "0" and will display "no bus". When I use my fancy Actron Scantool, it gives me a MIL code of 066 and a "No body CCD messages". The "066" indicates no communication between the TCM or BCM and the ECM. I disconnected the airbags but the problem did not go away. I was re-using my original air bag control module, so I thought maybe the new airbags and the old module put a kill code into my ECM, so I put in the air bag controller that was paired with the airbags. Still no good. I completely disconnected the module from the BCM and pulled the fuses, still no good. I changed the ECM and disconnected the airbag module, still no good. I pulled every fuse and read them out, all good. I disconnected every connector from the BCM and tried to start the car, still no good. Somthing has thrown a disconnect between the ECM and the BCM.
If anybody has any ideas on what to do next, I would be grateful.
Thanks in advance.
Marty

Quick Reply: 95 Strat "No Bus", no run problem