Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

SRT 4 motor in stratus sedan

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 04:30 PM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default SRT 4 motor in stratus sedan

Anyone Know if this can be done. and how hard it would be?
The SRT 4 neon motor into an 06 stratus sedan

Old 10-06-2009, 06:58 PM
shelbydaytona
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anything can be done but ud need mounts, computer and trans prolly need to find a stratus with a 2.0 or 2.4 to get all the stuff you need.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:40 PM
smokesxt
Record Breaker

So say i get the motor, mounts, trans, ecu.
Is this gonna be plug and play (minus needin custom intake/exhaust) or will it still take a lot of work?

I've been itchin for more performance and idk how the 2.7 handles turbo, so i was thinkin swappin would be the next best thing. Anyone ever turbo a 2.7? if so how'd it hold up?

Old 11-15-2009, 01:59 AM
UhhWhereAmEYE

wish i knew man. i've ben lookin around. i know a buddy of a buddy who got his sedan up to 300hp before the engine failed, so be careful. i'm strugglin to find sum good shock/strut upgrades myself. thers no luv from aftermarket merchants for these cars.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:01 PM
smokesxt
Record Breaker

Ok been looking online. The R/T sedans in mexico and canada come with a 2.4 HO. Its turboed so I'm assuming its the same motor as the SRT4. That being said, I think its a doable swap. Also most parts can probably be bought to make it work. Just a matter of finding out where now. Dodge must have a canada and mexico branch.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:56 PM
cjay245

it would blow the motor and the trans yes you can put a srt- 4 in the sedan i am actually about to get it done. the srt-4 motor can completely handle a turbo cuz some come that way, so yes

Old 05-05-2010, 08:10 PM
smokesxt
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by cjay245
it would blow the motor and the trans yes you can put a srt- 4 in the sedan i am actually about to get it done. the srt-4 motor can completely handle a turbo cuz some come that way, so yes
All neon SRT4's are turbo. thanks for all the help guys. I decided to stick all motor for now. Headers are on and working great other then the CEL.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:08 AM
nickgorsline

i have an 05 sxt coupe with the 2.4 mitsu. motor. will the srt4 be somewhat simple and/ or worth it. ive. also heard of ppl swaping an evo 8 motor in. which would be better or easier?

Old 06-30-2010, 10:27 AM
ratsttam
Captain

Originally Posted by nickgorsline
i have an 05 sxt coupe with the 2.4 mitsu. motor. will the srt4 be somewhat simple and/ or worth it. ive. also heard of ppl swaping an evo 8 motor in. which would be better or easier?
Personally, I would do the Evo engine over the srt4. Both have their ups and downs. Neither will be easy, as custom mounts, computer reprogramming/replacement, wire harness replacement. Doing a full engine swap isn't for the faint of heart, this is why most will build what the car came with it.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:45 PM
smokesxt
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ratsttam
Personally, I would do the Evo engine over the srt4. Both have their ups and downs. Neither will be easy, as custom mounts, computer reprogramming/replacement, wire harness replacement. Doing a full engine swap isn't for the faint of heart, this is why most will build what the car came with it.
In a coupe the evo. Sedans in mexico come with the SRT motor so its actually a pretty easy swap.

Quick Reply: SRT 4 motor in stratus sedan