Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2.4L 4cyl no Fire at all replaced everything

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 08:26 PM
BDaddy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mb09:
When my gf's car was down, we had no spark until I got the starter rebuilt. Are you blowing the fuse? I got some of those fuses that glowed when they blew. If the starter solenoid is pulling too much current, it might be your culprit. If all your fuses are good, I wonder if your starter solenoid contacts are marginal but not so bad as to blow the fuse.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:16 AM
sscharlie

Originally Posted by sapporo
how does a 'worn' part cause no start ( broken, stripped teeth sure but worn???). in the OP he had no spark which comes from the crank sensor. if that part is good and pcm is good, you'd still have spark even with the timing belt missing?
I don't see how the spark comes from the crank sensor, it is only a sensor and nothing more. Wouldn't the computer determine all the input from the sensors and then if everything is OK, it allows the coil to fire?
Go-No Go logic. Trace that to the problem.
When the computer goes into a "no-run state" I don't know if you will have spark....not sure on that.

Yes, my tentioner was worn, maybe I should have said worn-out for you.
If the timing belt is loose then you will have bad values reported from the cam and crank sensors.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:46 PM
sapporo
Banned

Originally Posted by sscharlie
I don't see how the spark comes from the crank sensor, it is only a sensor and nothing more. Wouldn't the computer determine all the input from the sensors and then if everything is OK, it allows the coil to fire?
Go-No Go logic. Trace that to the problem.
When the computer goes into a "no-run state" I don't know if you will have spark....not sure on that.

Yes, my tentioner was worn, maybe I should have said worn-out for you.
If the timing belt is loose then you will have bad values reported from the cam and crank sensors.

the crank sensor is the trigger for spark, the cam sensor is the trigger for injector pulse/timing. I had a neon with a broken timing belt that still had spark. I've had many worn out tensioners with very loose timing belts that still ran. you can be off 1 tooth and it will still run but about 3 teeth off and you bend valves. fortunately the 2.4 has clearance but you'd still have spark even with the belt missing

Last edited by sapporo; 09-10-2010 at 10:53 PM.

Quick Reply: 2.4L 4cyl no Fire at all replaced everything