Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2.4L 4cyl no Fire at all replaced everything

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 05:48 PM
mb09
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4L 4cyl no Fire at all replaced everything

96 dodge stratus 2.4l 4 cyl automatic....I started the car 2 weeks ago let it run and then shut it down. Went to start it last week and its getting no fire at all, all 4 are dead.. All relays and fuses are good. replaced relays. REPLACED- PCM, CRANK SENSOR, CAM SENSOR, COIL PACK PLUGS AND WIRES. Timing is all good. I am at a loss. the asd aint getting any juice which aint giving the coil any juice thats what my buddy told me anyway. ase certified. What it left? wiring issue? Tried moving them around while cranking, still nothing. What else is left that would cause no spark PERIOD? SNAP ON scanner was hooked up to computer, crank and cam sensors are reading fine. I am at a loss..... Please someone respond and help me with this situation I am lost...... turns over fine just no fire.............

Old 06-10-2010, 06:19 PM
castlenut
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So is the pcm is throwing codes out? Also when you replaced the pcm did you flash the pcm?

Old 06-10-2010, 10:34 PM
mb09

No there is no codes being thrown period just getting no fire at all...... only thing I can think of thats left is a wiring problem? My buddy who is ase certified told me the asd is not powering which aint powering the coil... and no the pcm has not been flashed. my friend has a 2.4l stratus same as mine he gave me his because he totaled the car got smashed in the side, either which way it should of fired if it was the pcm causing no fire I replaced it with a good one.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:18 PM
castlenut
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I read somewhere on this forum that when you replace a pcm it needs to be flashed. Something about the pcm knowing that it is in a different vehicle and having new sensors. I'm not sure though...

Old 08-10-2010, 05:42 PM
BDaddy

Did you blow any fuses when you tried to start it? My gf's 99 kept blowing one fuse. I tried all the Haynes trblshooting without any luck. Finally pulled the starter and took it to my alternator guy who tore it down. The contacts in the solenoid had worn down to the point that --apparently-- it caused too much juice to run, blowing the fuse. He replaced the contacts and she hasn't had any problems (knock on wood) since then.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:03 PM
GALVANIZEDYANKEE
Professional

How did you determine the timing when you have no spark? You could possibly have a broken timing belt.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:12 AM
sapporo
Banned

Originally Posted by GALVANIZEDYANKEE
How did you determine the timing when you have no spark? You could possibly have a broken timing belt.
on a 2.4 you still have spark with a broken timing belt cuz the crank is still turning and the crank sensor makes spark you won't have injector fire since the cam sensor wouldn't be triggering.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:41 AM
GALVANIZEDYANKEE
Professional

I'm old and at times forgetful. Thank you Sapporo for the correct reminder.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:29 PM
sscharlie

Check your timing belt tentioner pulley. Mine was worn and cause a no-run state.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:50 AM
sapporo
Banned

how does a 'worn' part cause no start ( broken, stripped teeth sure but worn???). in the OP he had no spark which comes from the crank sensor. if that part is good and pcm is good, you'd still have spark even with the timing belt missing?

Quick Reply: 2.4L 4cyl no Fire at all replaced everything