Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

stratus sedan transmission trouble

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 04:21 PM
prattmister
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stratus sedan transmission trouble

I have a 2002 DODGE STRATUS 2.4 dohc sedan.The other day my daughter was driving to school and it just lost all power acts as though it is in neutral.I pulled the codes and I have p0442(emission leak small)p 0455(emission leak large)p 0720 (output speed sensor malfunction)P 0715 (turbine speed sensor malfunction)p 0846(trans fluid pressure sensor/switch b ckt range perf.)and p 0700(transmission control system malfunction).I changed the input and output speed sensors.I also changed the shift solenoid.None of these fixed the problem my next guess is tcm.is there any way to check the tcm to see if it is good.Or does any one have any Ideas I feel as though I am beating my head against the wall.The car has 188,000 mi.and still runs like a champ.I dont think a plugged tranny filter could cause these problems.could they?the car has the original battery I was told they cause issues like this.but my battery light never came on.I just need help I like to fix things myself.I dont have 1500 to 2000 for a shop bill if any one could help I would be thankful.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:38 PM
castlenut
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What happens when you try to start it?

Old 11-13-2010, 12:56 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Welcome to DF
Did any of the codes come back.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:33 AM
prattmister
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

castlenut.... the car will start right up no problem.when I go to put it in gear it even sounds like its going into gear.I have had tourque converters go out on fords that seem just like this....................................Mastertech yes p 0700 trans control malfunction came back.once I changed parts I erased the codes .

Quick Reply: stratus sedan transmission trouble