Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Manual shifting issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 08:40 AM
ajudkins47
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Manual shifting issues

I have a 2001 stratus 5 speed tranny, and i've had issues with it for the past couple years where it goes in to first, sencond and reverse hard while shifting. I had a mechanic take a gander at it and he said it sounded like my master or slave cylinder was getting weak. Well about 2 months ago my master went, and i replaced both the master and the slave, and its still going into all those gears the same. and it seems it gets worse with the cold weather. Any ideas on what this could be?

Old 11-16-2010, 11:46 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

Welcome to DF
Ck the fluid level and condition. Are you using 90w gear oil. If you are switch to ATF or 5/20 oil.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:03 AM
ajudkins47
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to replace all the fluid in the transmission recently when i had to replace a cv shaft and seal, and i dont really remember what i put in it, but i put whatever the owners manual said needed to go in there. And obviously i replaced all the fluid for the clutch hydraulic system when i changed out the master and slave cylinders.

Quick Reply: Manual shifting issues