Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

00 Stratus keyless entry remote

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 03:09 AM
SSowner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00 Stratus keyless entry remote

I'm new to the site and hope there is some technical assistance available. A friend of mine owns a 2000 Stratus sedan. The key fob has cracked at the loop, but still is operational. I ordered another one through ebay for 20 bucks its used and doesn't come with any reprogramming instructions. I used the search and nothing about this particular car. My friend does not have the owners manual to the car. I'm pretty sure there are instructions in the manual especially if there is a remote that still functions.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:05 AM
SSowner

So I found this on another forum is this the correct way?

To Program Additional Transmitters: (key less entry)
Up to 4 transmitters can be programmed to your vechicle.
To program a transmitter, perform the following procedure:

1 With the vechicle in Park, turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position.

2 Using a currently programmed transmitter, press the Unlock button on the transmitter. Continue to hold the Unlock button, wait at lease 4 but no longer than 10 seconds, than press and hold the Panic button for at lease one second. Release both buttons simultaneously. You will hear a chime to signal that you can proceed with programming the new transmitter.

3 Press and release the Lock and Unlock buttons simultaneously, followed by a press and release of ANY button on each new transmitter to be programmed as well as the original transmitter. You will hear a chime when a transmitter has been successfully programmed. You will have 30 seconds to finish programming all the new transmitters. A chime will sound when the 30 seconds is over or the ignition switch is turned to the LOCK position.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:47 PM
SSowner

Bump to the top

Old 01-03-2011, 11:53 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Well i guess nobody was fast enough for you, Here is the information you requested.
ATTENTION: You MUST HAVE one working remote to add one more to the system.
If you do not have one working remote right now then these instructions will not work.
You will have to have a Locksmith or dealership use a computer to program the first
remote for you.

1. Press LOCK button 5 times at 2 second intervals to resynchronize remote.

2. Insert key into the ignition switch. Turn ignition to the RUN position (as far as you can
go without cranking engine). Wait for ignition chimes to stop.

3. Using the working remote, press and hold the UNLOCK button on the remote for 4 to 10
seconds.

4. Within the specified 4 to 10 seconds, continue pressing the UNLOCK button and then
press the PANIC button ( on the programmed remote ) for 1 second and release both
buttons. A chime will sound to indicate that the remote programming mode has been
entered ( allow 3 seconds for chime to sound ).

5. Within 30 seconds of the chime, press and release the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons
simultaneously then press and release just the UNLOCK button on the same remote.
A chime will sound indicating the remote has been programmed. Press and release
the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously and then press the UNLOCK button on
each new remote you wish to program at this time. A chime will sound afer each
additional remote is programmed.

6. Turn the ignition OFF and remove key.

7. Test Remotes.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:06 PM
SSowner

I tried the programing instruction exactly as stated above to no avail!!!! Should I get an owners manual to verify the procedure? Or is there any other solution. For now we just swapped the chip into the new case. But would really like to have a spare remote. Thanks for all of your help...

Quick Reply: 00 Stratus keyless entry remote