Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

98 dodge stratus vibrating and shaking

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 07:57 AM
robertholtz63601
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 dodge stratus vibrating and shaking

Greetings all, I have a 98 dodge stratus, 2.4 liter, automatic with around 147,000 miles on it. I have been noticing it vibrate and shake off and on when I am going 65-75 mph, it comes and goes. It’s driving me crazy. Also vibrating a little bit while idling, and when I put it in gear and hold the brake it shakes pretty bad, but shift in neutral and it’s not as bad. I replaced the front motor mount which was bad, seemed to help a little but still pretty bad, don’t know if they are related or not. I know when I bought the car a couple months ago the front right control arm was replaced, I also changed the spark plugs. Any help would greatly be appreciated!!!

Thanks
Robbie

Old 01-17-2011, 10:55 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Welcome to DF
The problem could be the timing belt or counter balance shaft.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:51 PM
armaniE55
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robertholtz63601
Greetings all, I have a 98 dodge stratus, 2.4 liter, automatic with around 147,000 miles on it. I have been noticing it vibrate and shake off and on when I am going 65-75 mph, it comes and goes. It’s driving me crazy. Also vibrating a little bit while idling, and when I put it in gear and hold the brake it shakes pretty bad, but shift in neutral and it’s not as bad. I replaced the front motor mount which was bad, seemed to help a little but still pretty bad, don’t know if they are related or not. I know when I bought the car a couple months ago the front right control arm was replaced, I also changed the spark plugs. Any help would greatly be appreciated!!!

Thanks
Robbie
If shaking while at idle (brakes applied) then it's motormount. Have you checked the other motor mounts to see if they are cracked? Coil pack and spark plugs/ spark plug wires checked? The vibration could be tire rods/bushings front end needs to be checked out -

GL

Quick Reply: 98 dodge stratus vibrating and shaking