Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2004 Stratus ES HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 03:38 AM
mfikic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Stratus ES HELP!!!!!

Well I have problem....

Everytime i turn my steering wheel or go over a bump there is this loud rocking chair grinding squeeking noise. ONLY happens when its cold outside, like below 5 degrees, and it doesnt stop until the actual weather warms up, we have checked my steering wheel fluid. It happens wether i go fast or slow, or even if im stopped and just turn it a little you can hear it. I also had my belt tightened a few months due to a screeching noise in cold weather, but this noise i can feel under my feet, im just hoping someone could give a idea, im afraid of the what it will cost me to fix this!

Any ideas out there???

Thanks guy's

Old 02-10-2011, 06:54 AM
22DODGE22
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need someone to inspect all moving parts of your steering and suspension.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:53 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

I agree. The weather can also cause the grease to get hard in the inner tie rod ends and cause the same type of sound. There also been some problems with the upper control arms in the rear,that would also make a creaking sound.

Old 02-12-2011, 03:52 AM
mfikic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the response, we are taking it in to get looked at tomarrow, and hopefully il have a answer! It has warmed up though so i dont hear it very much, so hopefully they can still find out whats wrong

Quick Reply: 2004 Stratus ES HELP!!!!!