Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

New transmission problems..help please

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011 | 08:29 PM
lectricheart
|
Default New transmission problems..help please

Found out what my last problem was. When U-Pick-It knocked the hole in the trans oil pan, they went clear through to the valve body and took a chunk out of it. Wasn't noticable with the gasket plate on. Now I have a new problem. When I go into Drive, I get a hard clunk, and it defaults to 2nd gear. It won't downshift to 1st or upshift to third. I get a check engine light after a few tries. The fault codes are PO700-PO731-PO732. trans control unit (MIL requested)- 1st gear ratio incorrect-2nd gear ratio incorrect. Can anyone give me a clue as to what causes those faults, and what I can do to fix it??please..

Old 03-17-2011 | 08:47 PM
22DODGE22

Best would be to get another trans. Did you change valve bodies?

Old 03-17-2011 | 09:17 PM
lectricheart
|

yes,I changed the valve bodies out. And it shifted fine for a while. Still stuck on the TCM. any way to test them without takeing them to the shop? I live 44 miles from civilization..lol

Old 03-17-2011 | 09:22 PM
22DODGE22

You properly installed the 2 accumulators and springs that fell out when the valve body cameout?

You need a real scanner to accuratly assess what's going on with the trans.

Old 03-17-2011 | 09:39 PM
lectricheart
|

Very carefully reinstalled the accumulators and springs. What would you call a real scanner? Is that something you can purchase at AutoZone? I have a hand held scanner that reads the trouble codes.

Old 03-17-2011 | 09:54 PM
22DODGE22

Autozone tinker toy is totally useless on trans stuff. I'd own a quality professional scanner that one would have in a real repair shop. trying to fix anything on today's cars without a scanner... well might as well try building a house without tape measure.

Quick Reply: New transmission problems..help please