Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

02 Stratus 2.4 help with upgrade ideas

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 11:33 PM
El_Duderino
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Stratus 2.4 help with upgrade ideas

So i just recently got an '02 Stratus sedan with the 2.4 DOHC. I wanted to put some upgrades on it but I can't seem to find anything for this car. First I wanna give it a tune up, so i was wondering what if any plugs and wires are recommended? Just use the champion coppers? Also I wanted a cai but can't seem to find any online at all. So I was wondering if just throwing in a k&n replacement filter is good enough or is it really worth finding a cai. If anyone knows of any available online some links would be nice. I also want to upgrade the exhaust but i'm not really sure what's the best route to go with the 2.4 maybe a flowmaster 60 series??? Any thoughts, input, and advice would be great!!! Thanks in advance.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:50 AM
ModernDayCaesar
Rookie

As far as the as the plugs, I wouldn't go with anything less than platinum. CAI's can be found on eBay and for relatively cheap..

Recently I've been doing a bit of exhaust research. I've read up on and judged from countless hours of videos and have come to the conclusion that a MagnaFlow exhaust sounds the best on our particular models and on any 4cyl for that matter. But I've also talked to a few people who would swear the Flowmaster 60 Series is the best. I guess it's all about personal preference.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:26 AM
El_Duderino

Thanks a lot for the input! I found some stuff on ebay I should be able to use, cheap too. If I can find a good magnaflow that is a good amount cheaper than the 60 series I'll probably go with that. I just don't want it to sound like a ricer with a fart cannon. I used to have a dakota with a 318 and glasspack, now that sounded awesome. Unfortunately gas prices got me trying to make the best of 4 bangers.

Quick Reply: 02 Stratus 2.4 help with upgrade ideas