Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 2.4L Rough Idling

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011 | 09:04 AM
Kiefdaddy89
|
Default 2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 2.4L Rough Idling

Hey guys,

Well the warmer weather is upon me and that means a couple things that need attention.

the first thing Ive been having a bit of frustration with is that the idling of the car at a stop light or etc. It always seems like its about to just shut off sometimes. Also when i have my AC on the lowest setting, i found that the RPMS drop dangerously low, almost shutting off, and then going back to normal.

Another thing is that my gas gauge will starting working for me again since its getting warmer. For some odd reason when its winter, my fuel gauge/needle doesn't tell me the correct amount of gas i have in it unless i fill it up all the way, later in the day when i know its supposed to e running low, the gas gauge still reads about 3/4 of the way full, or 1/2 or so. Im starting to think the float gets stuck or froze to something because in the warmer season, it seems to work fine.

Would anyone have any ideas as to what might be cause the first of the two problems. My thoughts on the latter one is that a fuel pump going bad? Im shifting to a more Do-It-Yourselfer so any thoughts or ideas would help alot!

Thanks again in advance!

Last edited by Kiefdaddy89; 04-27-2011 at 09:22 AM.
Old 04-27-2011 | 11:46 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech

Try cleaning the AIS motor for the idle problem, And for the other. Have the gauges calibrated and see how that works. Or get a price on a fuel pump module.

Old 04-28-2011 | 05:01 PM
Kiefdaddy89
|

How and where would the AIS motor be on my 2003 dodge Stratus. Is it just one of those "under the hood" or would i have to rip something out to get to it?

Quick Reply: 2003 Dodge Stratus SXT 2.4L Rough Idling