Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

97 Stratus Pissin me off....

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011 | 01:33 AM
countryboi83
|
Angry 97 Stratus Pissin me off....

Ok dodge fans...heres the skinny. Wife and I were driving in this ****hole of a rainstorm the other day and we drove normally down the highway threw the water puddles and the "river" running down the side of the highway. Car started acting retarted. Well after awhile of drying out it wants to chug or hesitate when trying to accellerate. I had a code for the fuel pressure regulator so naturally thats what i thought it was. So I replaced the whole damn pump. ran fine when i get it back together untill it got up to normal temps. then it started again. only does it when you accellerate and then loses power when holding throttle steady? Any ideas? I'm going to do the transmission filter/fluid change and maybe throw in a oil change while im down there...but i've been told many things ranging from transmission fluid being bad and filter clogged to fuel filter to even PCM messing up...I'm about fed up with Dodge's **** and im gonne go back to Ford or Chevy....hell even thought about giving Audi a chance. get at me on here or text or email me directly six18-3one7-zero nine three9 is my cell or jleeper83@yahoo.com is my direct email. no spam though please i get 1000's of them a day anyway.

Old 05-02-2011 | 10:41 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech

Do you have any stored codes now and if you do what are they? How far did the water get into the engine compartment?

Quick Reply: 97 Stratus Pissin me off....