Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

O2 sensor help

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 01:28 AM
STZ9
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 sensor help

So, I drive a 1999 Chrysler Dodge Stratus with a 2.4L DOHC motor and my electromechanics diagnostic says that I need to replace the O2 sensor 1 in bank 1. But I don't know if the O2 sensor that I have to change is the one closest to the exhaust manifold or if its the one after the catalytic converter. I would really appreciate a point in the right direction on this one Thanks in advance.

BTW. Here are some pics to show the motor if any doubts.

Attached Thumbnails O2 sensor help-gedc0355.jpg   O2 sensor help-gedc0356.jpg  
Old 07-31-2011, 04:09 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Welcome to DF
I would go with the sensor closes to the cylinder head. Because thats the most common sensor that goes bad.

Old 08-01-2011, 02:38 PM
STZ9
Default Glad to have found this forum! :D One more quetion.

Ok then, thanks for the info. One more question, would that bad sensor cause the car to jitter and misfire a bit? because when I stop at a traffic light or when I'm in a traffic jam, my car tends to just turn off all of a sudden. It sort of jitters a bit, the RPM needle goes a little more down than normal and then the motor just turns off, just like that. It also happens when I'm parked and the car is on for more than 3 minutes or less. Also, when I'm on the highway and going at the moderate 60mph speed, my car kind of like does the intention that its going to turn off and all the needles just drop for like a second and that can be dangerous in some moments :/. It goes away for a moment when I accelerate but its still there. It doesn't happen all the time but its happening more often now. Could those be symptoms of a faulty o2 sensor or are they symptoms of other things that need to be looked at in the car?

Old 08-01-2011, 09:55 PM
BillS
Captain

yes bad oxygen sensor could cause those problems,sounds like computer running engine to lean based on faulty o2sensor data its getting

Old 08-03-2011, 12:24 PM
STZ9

Alrighty, thnx

Old 06-15-2013, 01:44 AM
gzugoboy52

were is the location of the o2 sensor on 98 2.4 dodge stratus motor need photo if available

Quick Reply: O2 sensor help