Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Humming Noise Coming From Motor

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 11:05 PM
Tim34eck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Humming Noise Coming From Motor

Im gonna try and explain this the best i can so please bare with me. So i have recently started hearing a humming noise coming from the motor when i accelerate, does not humm when i rev the motor only when i accelerate. It usually only does it between 30-45 Mph. Sounds like it could be a bad pulley but im not the greatest with cars so i have no idea. oh and its a 2004 Dodge Stratus Es 2.4l automatic.

Old 08-14-2011, 12:49 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Welcome to DF
Do you have an air pump on the front of the motor? If you do, unplug it. and drive the car and see if the sound is gone.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:11 AM
dodgemramem
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could possibly have a bad bearing on either front wheel. I recently had this problem and fixed it rather easily. No more humming.

My problem sounded like the engine was always revving real high but the rpms would never be high. Finally I was told the bearing could be bad. Looked into it and sure enough it was my front left.

Do you notice the sound goes away when you turn a certain direction?

Quick Reply: Humming Noise Coming From Motor