Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Stratus diy information

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 10:52 PM
daniel.kirkby
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 3.0 v6 coupe no fuel

Alright its a real long story. But ill cut it as short as possible. I work at a body shop and after work about a month ago I decided to wash my car. I sprayed under the hood for about 5-10 secs, just real quickly. After I finished up I went to start it and it only would crank but never start up. I first thought I got the plugs wet so I called for a ride and let it sit overnight. I came back and it still wouldnt start. So as we were pushing it out of the wash bay I tried to start it one more time and it fired up like normal so I let it idle for about 5 minutes and went about my day. I came back for lunch and she started up again. As I went to drive off it started sputtering and died again. It hasnt started since. Been sitting in my dads garage and hes a very good mechanic and even he is stumped on it. We have changed all 6 spark plugs, crankshaft sensor, PCM, distributor and distributor cap/rotor, salvaged fuel pump, and fuel pressure regulator. It did jump time so we got a new timing belt (the old one was cracked up) and fixed the time. We are definitely getting spark now but no fuel. Heres the thing, the fuel pump assembly we got was also from a salvage but the fuel pump is kicking on. We get fuel to the fuel rail and the injectors are clicking. My dad seems to think that the injectors arent putting out fuel and the spark plugs arent getting any fuel. Could this be from a bad fuel pump or a bad ASD relay? Is there anything else we should try and change? Please help. This is my car and its been hard without one.

Old 02-13-2016, 03:21 PM
Summer Terry
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission

Will a 3.5 motor from an 02 intrepid fit the transmission for a 2.7 stratus??? Please help

Quick Reply: Stratus diy information