Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

01 STRATUS BLINKING NEUTRAL WHEN PUT IN DRIVE. Transmission issue?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 05:34 PM
thegreattailz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 STRATUS BLINKING NEUTRAL WHEN PUT IN DRIVE. Transmission issue?

Hey,

I took my 01 r/t stratus to a tire kingdom 6 months ago to have the radiator changed out. As I was driving home form the shop the car seemed to drop into a "mode" where even though it was in drive the ring around neutral started blinking and it seemed as if the car was operating on 3 cylynders instead of 6.

I told them to take a look at it, and they said their repair work on the radiator had nothing to to with the tranny. It subsuquently fixed itself within an hour, so i never brought it back.

Well 6 months later i had an electrical issue with the main fuse box under the hood and in the process of fixing that it dropped back into this "mode" again. As I was driving it to tire kingdom so that they can address the issue it quit, not will not shift into reverse or drive. It just acts like its in neutral and I get nothing.

I originally thought this was an electrical, but they changed out the "transducer fuse"? under the hood and they claim they cant get the transmission to work at all so they are suggesting I replace it for $2200.

Is anyone out there framiliar with this "mode" and what it means, and why it would drop into it after TK changed out a radiator? They also said it had burnt transmission fluid in it and im not sure if that was the cause or not.

Old 10-30-2011, 12:17 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
Did you have the car scan for DTC's or stored codes in the transmission.

Quick Reply: 01 STRATUS BLINKING NEUTRAL WHEN PUT IN DRIVE. Transmission issue?