Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Swervn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help

Hello everybody, I'm new here. I have a problem. I have a 1997 Chrysler Sebring convertable & my keyless remotes are not unlocking the doors like they should or not at all. They will lock but not unlock. First does anybody know what could be wrong. I already re-sync'd the remotes & that didn't seem to help.
Second I got a new remote but don't know how to program it to this vehicle. Can anybody give me programming instructions. I hear that the convertable is different from the coupe. This ia a 4 button remote that this vehicle uses.
Thanks in advance...

Old 12-10-2011, 10:49 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
I'm just guessing either the RKE module or door actuators. I will move your post to the dodge stratus section, I know you have a JX body. But the are kind of close, JA body. Some of the members a pretty knowledgeable there and maybe able to help.

Old 12-10-2011, 11:47 PM
hain84
Rookie

I'm not trying to be a jerk but before you go checking everything under the sun. Do the key fobs need new batteries. Just wondering.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Swervn

to Master Tech-
This Sebring is a JXI convertable, 4 button remote(L,UL,trunk,panic). I read that the convertable has a different remote & has a different programming procedure than the coupe.
to hain84-
No this is a brand new remote w/ brand new batteries. Thanks for asking.