Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Brake fluid leak on a 98?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 01:25 AM
skyfire322
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake fluid leak on a 98?

I just took my 98 Stratus to the garage to replace the rear wheel cylinders, and master cylinder. A few days back, my brakes went again. After I parked it, I checked to see if there were any leaks. I didn't notice any puddles, but the rear driver side wheel was soaked. I also noticed that there was a little spray on the side of my car. The mechanic did say that the brake line was a little corroded, but he said he patched it up. Could it be that it popped out when I drove over a bump?

Old 03-13-2012, 08:44 AM
rare aries
Keeper of the Ks

How does the pedal feel? If its fine its possible its residue from when they bled the brakes after repairing the line.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:28 AM
skyfire322

The pedal is very, very soft. Almost to the floor.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Dline37

You need to take the wheel off, check the cylinder, the line and make sure the bleeder is tight and not leaking. If the cylinder or bleeder is leaking take it back in to have the work fixed. Now you did say your line was a little corroded and it needed to be pached. Honestly if it needs to be patched it's not a little corroded and should be replaced. Make sure it's the line leaking and not the hose, but you're mechanic should be able to tell you that. http://brakeperformance.com/brakes/index.php?did=9279

Old 03-14-2012, 01:00 PM
skyfire322

I just spoke with the mechanic, and he also said to take the wheel off and check everything. Since there isn't any fluid in the MC, he said to add some, and check to see if it's dry. Luckily, if it's something they had to fix, they won't charge parts or labor.

Quick Reply: Brake fluid leak on a 98?