Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2003 Stratus SXT inside rearview mirror

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 06:43 PM
SublymeRick
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Stratus SXT inside rearview mirror

I just bought a 2003 Stratus SXT Coupe, inside rearview mirror is detached and the ball joint is weak so the mirror will not stay in place even if I mounted it.

I just bought a new (used) one from a used parts site. There was no distinction of the "model" of stratus the mirror was for when purchasing, but after the purchase was made it said "sedan" under the part.

My question is, will this mirror work / fit ok in my coupe or should I cancel the order and scower local junk yards?

Thanks in advance, I couldnt find this information out by searching.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:55 AM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The sedan and Coupe are completely unrelated models, the only thing they share is the name. 00-05 Mitsubishi Eclipses, and 01-05 Stratus and Sebring Coupes share the same rearview mirror. The higher trim levels have the auto-dimming mirror, make sure you avoid that one. It will still fit, but you wont be able to flip it to dim it.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:13 PM
SublymeRick

Thank you for the information I just cancelled the order. Gonna start calling around now...

Old 02-09-2013, 05:31 PM
SublymeRick

Found a replacement for 10 bucks at the local salvage yard.

Only problem is that one of the reading light buttons has a hard time clicking into the off position. Once I turn it on, i have to dick around with the switch for a good minute before I can get it to stay in the 'depressed' (off) position.

Any tips on making that work better?

I do have the old mirror with the working switch, so I could feasibly switch the switch, but I dont see a easy way to take these things apart... My guess is i'd have to heat the mirror and pull it off which doesnt sound particularly fun

Quick Reply: 2003 Stratus SXT inside rearview mirror