Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

No buss code

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 04:21 AM
atcfreak250
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No buss code

new here guys.

haveing a big issue with my 99 dodge stratus 2.4 se.

while back i notice my gauge cluster would just die.no fuel,speed,temp, or tac would work.only the brake and oil lights would work.i would have no wipers or defroster. everything else would work find.car would start and run find.when you turn the key on and let if sit it will read No Buss and the airbag light would stay on untill you start the car then after a few sec it will go out.

if you unhook the battery and reconnect it everything will come back on like it should.but i say a hour or less it will happen again.

iv check everything.fuses,wiring.cluster.nothing seems to broke or fried.

im hoping someone on this site could help me out.

thanks for any help.this has me lost

Old 07-18-2015, 10:44 AM
atcfreak250

nobody can help me out?

Old 07-18-2015, 06:01 PM
BillS
Captain

have you done anything to car recently before problem started, no buss is a communication problem could be loose connection ,corrosion in fuse box where main buss is , not sure if your car has box under hood ,bad module ,might need reprogramming there was a bulletin issued by dodge not sure of years it covered

Old 07-18-2015, 10:32 PM
atcfreak250

Originally Posted by BillS
have you done anything to car recently before problem started, no buss is a communication problem could be loose connection ,corrosion in fuse box where main buss is , not sure if your car has box under hood ,bad module ,might need reprogramming there was a bulletin issued by dodge not sure of years it covered
checked all that.

today i found out that the tcm and fuel pump relay are getting hot when the car is running.

could you get me a link on that bulletin?

Old 07-19-2015, 10:17 AM
BillS
Captain

have you checked to see if there's any codes stored(autozone or advance check for free) could help diagnose problem . when you unhooked battery how long did you leave unhooked ? I would try unhooking(scan for codes before doing this) 10-30 minutes then start car let idle for at least 5 minutes see if modules are able to establish communication again. I couldn't find that bulletin got rid of my stratus 3+ years ago don't have access to that website anymore , found this might help some http://jsautosource.com/my-projects/...art-no-gauges/ also try a general search engine for "stratus no buss" might help this forum not very active anymore

Old 07-25-2015, 07:59 AM
atcfreak250

Originally Posted by BillS
have you checked to see if there's any codes stored(autozone or advance check for free) could help diagnose problem . when you unhooked battery how long did you leave unhooked ? I would try unhooking(scan for codes before doing this) 10-30 minutes then start car let idle for at least 5 minutes see if modules are able to establish communication again. I couldn't find that bulletin got rid of my stratus 3+ years ago don't have access to that website anymore , found this might help some http://jsautosource.com/my-projects/...art-no-gauges/ also try a general search engine for "stratus no buss" might help this forum not very active anymore
iv tryed to get codes,just saids there are no codes

Old 08-11-2015, 10:35 PM
atcfreak250

found the problem, it was the bcm bad

Old 09-13-2019, 12:58 PM
frustratred
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What does that mean ?

Quick Reply: No buss code