Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

How Many Miles On Your Stratus???

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 01:08 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

96 avenger 2.5 only 49k on it.

Old 12-02-2010, 04:04 PM
classicfan1
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tacoboy
Don't feel sorry for me. I'm the idiot who bought it from a friend who was the original owner and babied it. Silly me for thinking that it would actually last. I should have been warned by the head gasket that he had to replace just out of warranty. Oh but Dodge fixed it right...the second time...to the tune of more than $1,000. And don't limit the scope to just the Stratus. While I'm not completely informed about the reliabilty of all "American made" cars vs. Foreign, I think it can be admitted that theJapanese and European car manufacturers take the crown in overall quality and stability.

Never owned a Honda before. Toyota is one make that is unarguably one of the best if not THE best automakers in the world.Had a Celica that ran for 247k on original tranny, clutch, engine with nothing more than routine maintenance performed - not even a head gasket. Sure, there are exceptions and people get lemons no matter what. It's just the nature of the product. I can safely say however that I will never consider buying (or acquiring for that matter) a Dodge/Chrysler product again (unless it is pre-1980). I'm glad others have had better luck than I.
At least American cars are MUCH cheaper and easier to fix when they break down. Hondas are the most exclusive cars ever, can't get ANYTHING generic for them, all special parts. Toyotas are death traps, they have been hiding recalls for the last 10 years.

My Dodge Stratus is a 1998 2.4 L with 265,296 miles. Some hick fixed the tranny and goofed it up at 250,000 and now it needs redone again. I'm going to a really good shop to have it done after I get the cash. I suppose since the first time it was out, it was in southern Ky, way out in the styx, and this ragedy-butt shop was the only choice.

Been in the family since new, this car has lived a ROUGH, HARD LIFE! It was FAR FROM BABIED!!

Old 12-05-2010, 10:28 AM
DougG
Amateur

I have a 99 Stratus, 306,353 on the od ; 2.0 engine , 5 speed tranny getting 32 mpg , new head gasket , timing belt etc at 200,000 mi. ; car runs good little rattle on top but turn up the radio !!!

Old 12-14-2010, 02:33 AM
daddydirt

'95 2.4L 86k

Last edited by daddydirt; 12-14-2010 at 02:36 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:09 AM
armaniE55
Thumbs up

Hello everyone!

I bought this used from a family member 3rd owner 2000 SE 2.4 just hit 105k (lots of work done) I knew this going into it (college car) timing belt, front brakes (rotors) thermostat, blower sensor, 1 rear shock/mount, water pump, new 50/50, re-seal tranny pan change atf4, heater blower. Luckily my friend is a mechanic and we did the work together. This is my winter car my DD is a Mercedes Benz E55 AMG and I must say it's pretty comfy and reliable yesterday was one of the coldest days -20 I live in Boston and she started right up on the first turn without touching the gas and on the first turn. I am very impressed overall. I also added HID as the halogen lights have awful light output.

p.s paid $500 l

Only thing that is left is one tire rod and 2 front shocks w/shock mounts and she came with 4 brand new tires and stereo system with deckdrives great int he snow

FOR CODE P0455 small evap *check engine
If you live where it snows then its your fuel neck filler. Chances are it will be rusty. What we did was cut off the metal filler above/below and added a tube and used clamps we then sprayed a rubber sealer on the neck to prevent further rust. 800 miles no check engine and Mass inspection done passed. Hopefully this will help other as I was thinking the worse canister which would have required even more work.

Last edited by armaniE55; 01-19-2011 at 12:21 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:04 PM
BEKM
Default How many miles

I have a 98 Stratus 2.4L with 268,546 miles. Bought it at 23K back in 99 and it is running good at 28-30 mpg. I have a oil leak that just won't fix itself or be found. It has been a great car and KNOCK ON WOOD it doesn't break down after I submit this post!

Old 06-21-2011, 02:55 AM
95DodgeStealth95

1999 stratus 2.5, v6. 198,xxx miles

Old 06-23-2011, 09:28 AM
Dave36
Default Stratus Coup V6 3.0

I have so many problems with this car that this is my last Dodge Vehicle that I ever buy. I have a 2002 black (clear coat & paint faded) Stratus Coup 3.0 V6 and it has given me nothing but problems. First off the paint faded within the 4th year I owned it. Secondly the transmission went at 76K miles, the radators that I've replaced cracked all in the same place (plastic top part) and seems to be a common problem. Among the continual off and on check engine light from an O2 Sensor I had replaced the car runs okay. However, Dodge did nothing for me when I complained about the paint fading and dealer wants to charge me for defective radiator. This car is a piece of **** and I'll never buy another Dodge product again.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:29 PM
DTAmember21
Default Question about exhaust's plz help/lead me to the right forum...New to the site..

i have a 2002 dodge stratus se plus sedan... and i have wanted to get an exhaust on it for awhile but since its a 2.4 liter 4 cylinder engine.. ive heard ppl say no matter wat u do u dont get a real good deep..baratone sound...and i refuse to be a ricer and get a fart can... now i know stratus's arent the most popular of cars to custimze but if anyone can tell me more about exhausts that wld sound good and arent to expensive that wld be great... some things i was thinking of was to get a megan racing exhaust muffler (which is the style exhaust id like to have)..and jus run some piping down and hope to get the sound im looking for but i feel that if i did that and still got the far can noise that wld be the worst.. and another idea i had was to look into a catback exhaust i heard there nice kits..but i noticed they dont make them specificly for dodge stratus..however as i looked into in more a dodge neon has the same exact engine/etc nd they have cat backs for them so wld it be possible to get one and instal on my stratus???...thnks for reading plz let me know what you think and....any help would be cool

Old 06-29-2011, 12:46 PM
DTAmember21
Default CHeck it

02 se plus sedan 58k....****s fresh to death.. had 47k when i got it used!!!...dnt find that to often!!!

Quick Reply: How Many Miles On Your Stratus???