Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

having ignition problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 06:39 PM
drgnslyr713
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default having ignition problems

i have recently aquired a 95 stratus 2.5l. the man i bought it from gave me a deal cause it wouldn't run. he told me when it does run its the best, but its an intermittent problem. well now its in my garage and im about to shoot it.[:@]
first i removed the main fuel rail feed hose and turned thekey. have fuel flow and then some. pulled the front three spark plugs and am getting spark. i then figured that the Crank Angle Sensor was bad due to no RPM reading during cranking. i dunno how the stratus does it but in a mitsubishi4G63a lack of RPM means a bad Cam Angle Sensor. i was wondering if anyone else has this same problem. i havent pulled the injection rails and injectors to see spray yet tho. and i havent yet checked the timing. oh and does anyone know the best way to check the timing. ive changed the Crank angle Sensor and still the same.????

Old 03-10-2007, 11:58 PM
stratman2
Default RE: having ignition problems

Is the problem still intermittent, or is it not starting/running at all?
Seems like a friend of mine had a similar problem with his wife's Cirrus - I'll ask him how he fixed it.
You might also be interested in another forum I tripped upon
http://www.automotiveforums.com/t633...ont_start.html
Good luck!

Old 03-12-2007, 08:23 PM
drgnslyr713
Default RE: having ignition problems

well the man that had the car said it was but i havent gotten it to even start yet. it sounds to me like a timing problem tho. either with the injection, ignition, or rotating members.

Quick Reply: having ignition problems